Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you could, would You? >

If you could, would You?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you could, would You?

Old 01-24-2004, 07:38 PM

Default If you could, would You?

If your bow setup will allow it, would you shoot a helical style fletching or what? What I am asking is Helical better if your bow will handle it?

If so, what effect does helical have on bow setup such as speed, ect?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you could, would You?

cottonfarmer go to http://wwwtrueflightfeathers.com/
their web site is very helpful and can answer a lot of
your questions! I have gone back to feathers and will
stay with them,good luck!!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always use helical fletch and I make my decisions on arrow shafts, bows and accessories to make it easy to use helical. You couldn't pay me enough money to hunt with a bow setup that could only handle straight fletch.[X(]
Old 01-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: coyote170

cottonfarmer go to http://www.trueflightfeathers.com/
their web site is very helpful and can answer a lot of
your questions! I have gone back to feathers and will
stay with them,good luck!!
I added a dot to your link.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Does anybody use feather vanes with a Whisker Biscuit? How about helical with a WB? Seems like the WB would be hard on them.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You couldn't pay me enough to use a whisker bisquit either.

I know, I know... That's blasphemy around this site. They're already jockeying for position to be the first to throw gasoline and road flares at the disbeliever.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Why is that Arthur??

Just wondering........because I started using one this year and I thought it performed flawlessly. No nonsense, solid and accurate. Just my experience.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I know, I know... That's blasphemy around this site. They're already jockeying for position to be the first to throw gasoline and road flares at the disbeliever.
I got your back Arthur. All you have to do is beable to outrun me and they won't get ya'.

Atlasman: For decades the best archers in the world have and continue to try and eliminate fletching contact, arrow interference etc etc etc. Why look today, the market is floaded with drop aways from all manufacturers that are a result of that quest for perfect arrow flight. EVERYONE knows that the truest arrow has no contact on anything.

So what does whisker bisquit do, grabs evey feather just as the arrow is leaving the bow. It slows it down, induces outside forces on the arrow etc etc etc. This results not only in interference but also more noise, lost speed etc etc etc. NOPE, I'm with Arthur. The day you see the BEST of the BEST and the folks lined up on a pro range shooting a whisker bisquit I may rethink it. But right now it goes against ANYTHING I've ever tried to do to improve arrow flight and accuracy.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, what davidmil said. Also, the WB is best used with straight fletch to minimize the effect of it's 100% contact, and I won't use straight fletch on a hunting arrow.

What's so great about the WB? The arrow can't fall off the rest. Not enough positive for me to put up with the negatives. There are plenty of other options for keeping the arrow secure on a minimal contact rest. For many, many years, we've had little doodads that keep the arrow from falling off the rest. Like this one:

There are many others if you just look for them. GKF has quite a few on their site. Besides, you can do the same thing with a rubberband.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:30 AM

I agree with both Arthur and David, I would rather have a perfectly tuned bow and such!! To me it is the concept of having the whiskers touching my vanes, either learn not to tip your bow and all, but it on a hanger when hunting, or don't shoot at all, you should not need a WB for one reason (to keep the arrow from falling off!!), when is the last time you saw a 3-D pro shoot a WB???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.