Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stabilizer questions on a Mathews LX??? >

Stabilizer questions on a Mathews LX???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer questions on a Mathews LX???

Old 01-19-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Stabilizer questions on a Mathews LX???

Got a couple of questions about stabilizers on a LX. What will I be sacrificing if a move to a shorter stabilizer for mobility purposes? Is it something that will effect the bow or just something that may take some getting used to, because I can live with that.

Second Question,

Where the stabilizer mounts to the bow(everybody with me?) There are threads facing the cables. Does anyone put anything in here to further dampen vibration? In the above mentioned question, will this help counterbalance that problem?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 08:01 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer questions on a Mathews LX???

I have seen people put stabilizers (I think that's what they are) in the holes facing the cables.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say as long as it works for you go for the shorter. I shoot an LX and use the Sims modular stabilizer for hunting and then for shooting 3-D I install a 6 in. doinker. On the back hole I have experimented with useing counter weights to get the fallaway that I desire. At the present I put a limbsavers stabilizer enhancer in the back bushing to act as another limbsaver down by my hand.. This bow shoots like a dream. I have shot the bow without a stabilizer all together, I seems to me that the accuracy is still good but you can feel the shot a little bit and the fallaway isn't as good as with a stabilizer thus not giving me the follow through that I feel that I should have. So depending on personal preferance and use it all depends on you. Try a few out and don't buy one just because everyone else has one. See for yourself...Good luck in your search.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:15 AM

Yeh , It's a personal preference !

I shoot a Sims Enhancer 2000 on mine and it works fine !
Old 01-20-2004, 09:04 AM

I use the Doinker D2 7" Hunter. My opinion the LX does not need much of a stabilizer.