Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Stabilizer/Quiver for Mathews LX >

Stabilizer/Quiver for Mathews LX

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer/Quiver for Mathews LX

Old 02-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stabilizer/Quiver for Mathews LX

I think I am going to try an alpine sof-loc quiver (5 arrow), on this bow and am considering a stealth 6 inch hunter because I have heard alot of talk about them. I like the simms modular system alot, but have heard alot on the stealth's. What do you think? I will probably use a copperjohn deadnuts hunter, unless they have something new this year I like better. Does anyone know if they do? The rest I will use, I am still totally undecided on because their are so many new ones to chose from. To me it would seem hard to find a rest that will fit these bows and hold tight as well as mathews own 0 overdraw micro rest. It's that one mounting hole deal they have on their bows. Any suggestions? I will be using beman ics hunter shafts, 30 inches long, 3 fletch. I am undecided on vanes or feathers for the fletching, as I am wanting to stay as close to 400 grains as possible and still have a decent foc. I have always used vanes. I Havn't really heard much on new products from the ata show, so anybody with the scoop let me have it. Man, I just love trying to set up a new bow. It will fry your brain trying to figure it all out. My wife and kids think I am goofy, buy hey, I got my two boys both new bow set-ups, and dad needs his toys too. Give me your opinions fellow techies. Thanks, Bhunter32.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:25 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer/Quiver for Mathews LX

This is what my LX will have on it.
3D
Trophy taker rest,oringinal arm with short bracket
Custom bow equipment sight
Bullseye scope
24" stabilizer

Hunting set up
Quikee quiver
Custom Bow equipment scope housing with up pin only
set at 25yds. If I want to move it no promblem
Simms enhancer with chubby doinker in front end
Trophy taker rest
35/55Goldtips with 100 grn waspsst
I just cant wait to get it. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The new Mathews raised 2 piece quiver looks very nice. They are cashy however and the Soft-Loc is what I use on my Mathews now. The SVL Modular stab would be an awesome stab for the LX. I think on mine I'll use 2 SVL Mods in the rear back and then a GKF Tranq in front. This combo works extremely well. For sights I am using the Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix. TR just keeps getting better and better!!! For a rest I will probably opt for the new GKF Hunter Elite. This Fallaway is as sweet as they come and I would really like to try one this season. I would also like to try a containmet rest on it. The new GKF Arrow Trap I shot at the ATA Show was very cool and I would love to put some more shots thru one.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:55 AM

I actually just got the Softloc 5-arrow quiver and 6" Stealth hunter stab for my Legacy. Both work great and I'm very happy with them. I liked the Softloc much better than the Mathews quivers, and the Stealth stab quietens better than other stabs I tested against it. I had to test it on another guy's bow at the range, as my Legacy is pretty quiet and shock-free as it is. I mostly got the stabilizer for balance of the bow and some added weight to help steady my shooting, so the Stealth works great for that, but is heavy for it's size if you're just wanting the quieting/deadening effect of a stab but don't want extra weight. I had no trouble attaching rests to the bow, and I tried out a few before I settled on the Whisker Biscuit until my Muzzy ZE for my rollerguard bow finally gets to me. I agonized for these choices for quite a long time and I'm still happy with the choices I ended up making. Make sure to get the Softloc to match your bow. The deer may not care, but with as snazzy lookin a bow as you're getting, you should keep the style points rolling in by matching.

Edited by - Jason McCurry on 02/06/2003 12:58:21
Old 02-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Is the stealth 6 inch hunter more quiet than the simms modular system and how do they compare in weight? Is the finish glossy or flat on the stealth, it is hard to tell in the picture on their website? Thanks, Bhunter32.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

The finish on the Stealth is a flat black,as for the quality of performance from the Stealth Hunter stabilizer.....you can do a search of posts on this forum and I think you will find the Stealth second to none!
Have you seen the photo gallery on the 2003 Stealth website?If not check it out,some great animals taken with the help of Stealth products!!!!
www.stealtharchery.com