Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Aggrevating situation. >

Aggrevating situation.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aggrevating situation.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Aggrevating situation.

I live in a small neighborhood. I only own 1 acre of land surrounded by other houses. Right outside the neighborhood is a wide open field with only one house on it. The past few weeks each night on the way home from work I've noticed 6 deer standing in the field. I once parked my truck beside the field with the deer only 30 yards away and they never even looked up at me. I went to the house and asked if i could hunt the land and the owner said "I don't condone any type of hunting. I think it's cruel to kill defencless animals." Not wanting to press the issue and make her think bad about hunters I thanked her for her time and went home. My question is... where does she think the food at the grocery store is from? At least hunting is humane and it ensures population controll. I just don't understand some peoples attitude.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aggrevating situation.

Different strokes for different folks just be your self
she may come around and let you hunt there in the
future,kill em with kindness,it drives them crazy![8D]
Old 01-09-2004, 07:54 PM

She doesn't think. But I think you have nothing to loose by tactfully informing the use of deer meat.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

No pressure ! just check on her to see if she need's help time to time,she'll learn to appreciate you being around .You never know she might just give you the green light.

nubo
Old 01-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i saw the thread name i thought you were going to say you got married, but it is tough to change peoples minds but try and do something to help her out and you may win her over
Old 01-09-2004, 08:21 PM

LOL I've been married for 5 years. Too late for that. I'm just waiting for my 9mo old to get old enought so I can teach him about hunting and fishing. I'm not sure if it would help to take her some deer meat but I think I will be more active and go by and offer to help with anything. BTW have you seen the new Nessan Titan. Damn!!!!! that's a great looking truck. (and I'm a Ford man!)

Old 01-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take her some jerky.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though we have all been there and don't like it. She has just as much right to be an anti-hunter as we have the right to be hunters. Good job on being nice to her. Maybe she will realize that we are people too.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:07 PM

Well you think that is bad, a survery around here was done to see what the citizens thought of all the farmland being sold off and being made into houses!

Well, most said they don't care, then the were asked about the issue on "What about the Food that we get" and those people said what food, we get our food at the supermarket, well what do they think it grows there?? People can be really dumb sometimes!!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:13 PM

Attaboy for being nice.

Just bide your time. She may be more reasonable the first time a deer jumps out in the highway in front of her and she wrecks. Hopefully that wouldn't happen, but if it did she may realize it would have been better if someone like you had shot that deer and been able to use it instead of the deer going to waste and money out of her pocket for deductibles and raised premiums.
Maybe then she would realize what cruelty really is.
In the meantime, try to find somewhere else to hunt. The only bad thing is finding out after you invested a lot of time trying to earn someone's trust you were really just beating a dead horse. Some people just don't get it and never will.
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Quick Reply: Aggrevating situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.