Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Aggrevating situation. >

Aggrevating situation.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Aggrevating situation.

Old 01-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aggrevating situation.

Should have said, "Too bad you won't let me hunt, that deer would feed lots of hungry people, well thanks for your help, have a good day"
Old 01-09-2004, 10:44 PM

Next year take her a Thanksgiving turkey or\and a Christmas goose![:-]
Old 01-10-2004, 03:17 AM

Defenceless? What about superior speed, scenses, and smarts? Nah, you did good by being nice and polite. Does she have a garden? They always call the hunters when they eat the garden. I like the idea of giving her jerkey. And tell her it's natural food.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where in Georgia are you from? It's only a matter of time before she may be begging you to "Kill every one of those Dam things" as a friend of mine did me this fall. His wife hit one on the way home, $6,000.00 in repair bills and 2 months later, he got the car back. In all fairness he is not an anti-hunter and allowed me to hunt his place last year as well. My wifes chiropractor also complains of deer damage to the thousands of dollars he has invested in landscaping, his wife is an anti and he can't accept my offer to help out. Patience!!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:00 AM

Hi Stalker22,

There really is "no logical argument" to make with an emotion based opinion. And to attempt to "discuss" the issue would probably only make her more steadfast in her "anti-hunting" beliefs.

All you can do is appreciate the "view" of those deer....and continue to be a good neighbor. Any thing you do for her should be without the expectation of ever "bringing her around". And who knows.....maybe years down the road.....when she truly believes that you are a "decent human being"...not a "murderer of defenseless animals", she may also alter her thinking. But there is probably not a thing in the world you could do....to persuade her differently now. Her beliefs are most probably the results of years of exposure to the "bambi syndrome".....and being raised "insulated" from obtaining food with her own two hands.

We have several generations of people in today's society that have not directly participated in the "preparing of their food from field to table". They have been raised in a society that all the "dirty work" is behind them...by the time their food hits their table. Having been raised where much of our food, when I was growing up, had at some point in time been, "running around the yard, the coup, or the pasture"....it was easy for me to see the reality of nature. The piglets we played with in the spring....in a year or two were the breakfast bacon...or the Christmas ham. The rabbits we had handled and moved from pen to pen.....went from fuzzy little "alive rodents"....to the skillet in about 5 to 8 minutes. (I haven't butchered a pen raised rabbit in years....but I'd bet money that to this day it would take me less than 10 minutes to convert if from a furry little hopping creature.....to a sizzle in the skillet. That may sound "cold" to many people....but it has nothing to do with being heartless. We never mistreated our animals....but we fully understood their "end purpose".) And we were allowed to name them if we chose....but we still knew that most of them would become tablefare. It meant that meal...would include meat! And that was a "good thing".

You will not change her mind. Don't try! If she is going to have a "change of heart"....it will come from within herself. All you can hope to do is to show her that you are a "good human being"....and break down a stereotype that she probably has. And in due course....she may accept you for that....and I wouldn't expect much more. But remember in this instance....you can be either a "good Ambassador.....or a bad Ambasador"!

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:47 AM

You did good by not pushing the issue. Makes all of us bowhunter look better. Thank you!
As for those deer, Where are they coming from? is there another piece of property you could get permission to hunt that the deer travel thru to get to this field?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Timing is everything. Ask her again this summer when the deer are eating her flowers and vegtables.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Respect what she said and leave her alone would be my advice.What she wants people to do or not do on her land is her choice--it's that simple.Pushy hunters can also bother people--ALOT.JMHO.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:14 PM

Respect her desion, look out for if she needs help with anything and then ask next year.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:34 PM

I'll probably wait til next year and ask her if I can take my son out to the field he will be 2 then. And let him watch them. At least that way she can see that I'm not just about killing. And it will give me a great chance to introduce my son to big game in a fun not-so-quiet way. Not only will it allow her to see that hunters arn't all just brutal killers. But it will be great to let my boy learn how deer act and react without worring about trying to keep quiet and hunt. Oh btw I live in Carrollton, GA.

Quick Reply: Aggrevating situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.