Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Robin Hood" Shot >

"Robin Hood" Shot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Robin Hood" Shot

Old 12-26-2003, 08:12 AM

Default RE: "Robin Hood" Shot

Congrats on the RobinHood. It gets expensive after awhile if you keep doing that though!

Now to be critical .. you "technically" Robinhooded an arrow .. but my friends and I would call that a wrecked arrow and a line cutter as a true Robin hood has to be DEAD center of the bullseye or 12 ring in your case.

To BE Robin Hood ..... you gotta call it!
Old 12-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Have done it numerous times over the years. It's harder to do with aluminum arrows that have the taper on the end. The point has to break the nock then hit the taper just about perfect to split it and follow it down. The arrows that have nock inserts have a larger margin of error. Either way it's cool the first couple times. After that you tend to pull them apart to save one arrow.

I too try not to shoot at the same spot too much, but every now and again, ya just gotta group them
Old 12-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Since I went to the ICS hunters with the small ACC nock adapters it's really tough. The opening is so small that it usually kicks out and takes a corner off before it can't skewer the arrow.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:08 PM

Never, and to be honest I'm glad. I love wearing hats and if I ever get one replacing all those hats for my swelled head would really get costly!
Old 12-26-2003, 04:30 PM

i did that yesterday as a matter of fact it was my first time and i was like that sucks cause the arrow i hit was my best arrow [>:] althought mine didnt stay in the other arrow it ricached ( i dunow how to spell that) and went the the right so ill try and post a pic
Old 12-26-2003, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the replies. It was "Holy Sh@!" did I just do what I think I did. It was cool doing it for the first. My shots are tightly grouped by I never thought I would have done what I did. I have arrows rub against each other in the targets.

Thanks again for the replies, Hope everyone has a good New Year
Old 12-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty cool eh? I punched 6 arrows last year. 5 with my old bow and 1 with my new bow. I am sure that the arrow manufacturers love to see this posted. I never had one until this year. I never will again because now I wont shoot two arrows at the same spot.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:15 PM

I've done it 3 times this year (seems to be a popular number), and believe me when I say I don't like it. If it meant I was a great shot, I'd love it, but all it means is that I was lucky (unlucky actually). If I could call the shot and do it everytime, then it would show skill, but heck one is bound to hit where another one does, when you shoot thousands of shots. It's just bad luck and costly too.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:17 PM

did it once and it only cost me 1 arrow; the arrow I shafted was a friends.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: "Robin Hood" Shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.