Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which camo?

Old 12-18-2003, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Which camo?

is there an ASAT website??
Old 12-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.asatcamo.com/
Old 12-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzy, your choice of Predator's Fall Grey is a very good one. Others have mentioned ASAT which is also very good. Sticks-n Limbs would also work very well for you. All three work eaqually well and take advantage of the way deer see. I have all three plus Predator's Fall Brown. These are the only patterns I use for deer hunting period. I get BDU pants on the large size so I can add layers underneath. If available I get a shell parka or I buy two yards of material and have one made. Now I have a light parka if it's warm. In cold weather I can put it over my expensive duck hunting parka.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:51 PM

i just checked out that asat site, the prices seem very reasonable!!!
$130 for a full 3-d outfit.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ASAT for me too.........I was a "Big Name" camo wearer for years until I gave the ASAT an honest try this year.
I had entirely too many......"Well that deer should have spooked" moments this season to believe.

Some of them I wouldn't have believed if they didn't happen to me.
Deer just simply do not equate what they see in ASAT with a human form and therefore danger. They look right THROUGH it.

Absolutely terrific stuff and now the only camo I will consider using.
No joke.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:55 AM

would that ASAT camo work for spring gobbler in PA?? the reason i ask because with the 4 seasons here in PA, the colors change so dramatically from season to season.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well ASAT stands for "All Seasons All Terrain" so I would presume the answer to be "yes". Because of the fundamental design and function of the camo it does not necessarily have to blend in with the various colors at any given time of the year but rather break up your outline in relation to your surroundings.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:27 AM

I hunt in a mismatch outfit most times and don't get to concerned over the pattern, I feel that as long as your pattern helps break you up your all set.

The most important features to me is having quiet, warm, waterproof, tough gear. I try to buy my gear when it's on sale so I take whatever pattern is available.

I did see some nice camo at Cabelas the other day it was a Berber Fleece with Windstopper in it. It looked quite toasty.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: thelastboyscout

would that ASAT camo work for spring gobbler in PA?? the reason i ask because with the 4 seasons here in PA, the colors change so dramatically from season to season.
Absolutely, I use it exclusively in the green of spring for spring gobblers here in PA.....the thing about ASAT is that it will reflect the colors surrounding it and appear green in a green enviroment...the thing you have to remember tho is that the ground itself is normally not green, especially in the woods. And again, if green were so good why then is all predator/prey animals not green....like fawns in the grass, black, brown and tan.