Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new camo??

Old 07-19-2003, 10:07 PM

Default new camo??

im lookin to buy some new camo this year and was wondering if u guys had any type that u prefer. I hunt in PA and the bow season lasts from oct 4th til mid november so the conditions range from green leaves to the colored leaves to no leaves and would liek to have a camo to do good in it all. also i was wondering if scentlok is as good as they make it out to be i spray down with scent killer and all that stuff and never really had a deer wind me that i know of and am wondering if i should pay the extra bucks to get the scentlok instead? thanks guys
Old 07-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new camo??

I prefer Mossy Oak Break-Up. I have the original and the New Mossy Oak Break-Up. But having hunted in PA many years ago [before modern camo] I would think the Cabela' s Seclusion 3-D would work great for you.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Predator for me. I prefer break up vs. blend style patterns. I wear mostly fall brown and fall grey, but also have winter white and spring green. They have 2 newer patterns as well deception and evolution. www.predatorcamo.com, if you care to take a boo.

I personally don' t own a scent lok suit. I practice scent control and truly believe in hunting the wind is the best option.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:03 AM

i hunt in ny and me and u just about have the same colors in the woods i use mossy oak brakeup and u know thay never see me ..... 3 bow bucks later...with in 4 years .... plus a new hoyt bow hehe good luck ...

big bowmansville ny wny
Old 07-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I asked this question, sort of, in another forum. I also need some new camo and am planning on going with one of the scent lok type suits. But I need to know if they are all the same or if one does a better job than any other? I' ve seen the New Mossy Oak Break Up and am impressed with the pattern.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use ASAT and have found it to be the best in all situations.
From hunting in Australia,New Zealand and here in the US.
The 3d suit will simply make you disapear in the woods.
I have had other hunters within 10 feet of me and not even know I was there as well as having deer within touching distance.

ASAT does stand for All Seasons All Terrain.
Get some you wont be dissapointed.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:13 AM

The new skyline extreme is a good breakup camo. Check it out on their website
skylinecamo.com. Ive started using mossy oak seclusion 3D. Its a good all around breakup blend / blend in camo.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:18 AM

Mossy-oak Break up for me, thats all i have used and thats all i intend on using. to me it has good early season patterns in it and great late season when al the leaves fall, patterns in it. It blends in perfect in both situations. I don' t know if i' ll ever change. I recommend it!!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:41 PM

i live in ohio across the way we have alot of the same conditions i use advantage timber on pants and mossy oak breakup jacket works really well wether ground hunting or treestand hunting
Old 07-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

i have been using mossy oak break up but i just got the new seclusion 3d from cabelas and i think it is a great choice i would choose seclusion 3d

Quick Reply: new camo??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.