Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mock Scrapes

Old 02-06-2002, 02:17 PM

Default Mock Scrapes

Do you implement them into your hunting strategy? Have you had success with them and if so, what personal tips can you share?
Old 02-06-2002, 04:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-08-2002, 06:39 PM

Default RE: Mock Scrapes

I've used them for years. I feel they help increase buck activity in the area. A friend of mine made one on a hunting trip in Ill. 2 yrs. ago. He made it one evening when leaving his stand and urinated in it himself. The next morning upon returning he urinated in it again. 10 minutes afterclimbing in to stand he had a 140 class buck working the scrape just 10 yrds. away but there was nothing he could do. It was not quite light enough to shoot.

God Bless & Good Hunting
LM/NAHC
Member NRA
Member P&Y CLUB
Member Ducks Unlimited
Old 02-08-2002, 07:14 PM

Default RE: Mock Scrapes

I have had success with mock scrapes over the years.I have taken the limbs over a fresh scrape cut them off and move them to where I want the mock scrape.You can fool a buck this way in thinking he has made a new scrape and he will start to open it up.I use rubber gloves to tie the limbs up.The branches or licking stick I find is an important part of any scrape.A buck chews the branches and leaves his scent on them.This works good for when you need to be near a tree to hang your stand.I also use a scent dripper but take it out with me when I am not hunting.You don't want a buck to smell the scent when you are not there or he may freshen it at night only.