Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which whisker buscuit?? Lots of choices... >

Which whisker buscuit?? Lots of choices...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which whisker buscuit?? Lots of choices...

Old 11-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which whisker buscuit?? Lots of choices...

Hey guys (gals) I' m going to get a whisker buscuit but I had no idea that there were this many " types." Can someone help me with what I need? These are the types I found. Which one is right for me or what are the differences??

Carolina Archery Products Deluxe Whisker Biscuit Drop-Tine QS
$59.99

Carolina Archery Products Quickshot Kit *this one is obviously a replacement part.
$17.99

Deluxe Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest™
$54.99

Drop-Tine Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest™
$44.99

Original Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest ™
$34.99

Whisker Biscuit Drop-Tine QS Arrow Rest
$49.99
Old 11-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which whisker buscuit?? Lots of choices...

well, bscofield, unfortunatly I can' t tell you what you need. All these produts work great, but personal preference is the key here.

All rests are very " tunable" and they all work and shoot really well.

You can convert an original WB to a quick shot with a QS replacement biscuit. If money is an issue, and you shop around, you may come out cheaper to buy the original. If you find that you would like to have the QS bisuit down the road, just buy a replacement.

The drop tine is a bit prettier, but has basically the same functionallity and adjustments as the original. It has a more curved flowing design rather than looking like a piece of square cut alluminum like the original. This also comes in a camo color.

The Deluxe is supposed to be their " top of the line" rest (can be original biscuit or QS) and they claim that it has more tunability. as well as vertical and horizontal adjustment marks.

So, It all depends on your needs, budget, etc.. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:35 AM

Personally, I use the Deluxe QS.

I found the basic model to be a pain in the butt on my kid' s bows so I switched them to the Deluxe also.

Well worth the money.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:11 AM

The deluxe is far better then any of them.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree. The marked graduations on the rest make adjustments relatively simple. The quick-insert slot also makes loading an arrow much easier in bowhunting situations.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Deluxe QS is probably the best, although I can' t say for sure, because I don' t own one. Dave C. on these forums said he had a problem with the lower right fletch hitting the support when shooting cock vane up with the Deluxe. I don' t know if anyone else has had this problem. The QS feature is very nice, and the bristles seem to be softer and quieter than the older original style.

Right now, I have two original style Biscuits, and a drop-tine, all with the QS setup. I personally prefer the original to the Drop tine, since it is much easier to fine-tune. With the Drop-Tine. there is only one height which will get the biscuit perfectly aligned with the bow string. I prefer using a tied-in nock point, so the lack of adjustability is a problem. If you use brass nock sets, it probably is a non-issue, and the greater ruggedness of the Drop-tine would be an advantage.

I will most likely pick up a Deluxe QS for my Bowtech, to see if it is a better mousetrap.