Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should I do about this guy? >

What should I do about this guy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do about this guy?

Old 11-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What should I do about this guy?

Thanks for the advise, and I think we may have something going as of last night.

C903, I hope you' re not calling me a liar. I do not make things up just to see how many people on this board will reply to it. This is a problem in our area and I' m doing my best to help you, and everyone else on this board clearly understand what has taken place over the course of the last couple years.

Yes, we have talked to him, numerous times, but he clearly does not like anyone from our hunting party because of the fact we own so much property there. This is the motive to him shooting the deer in my opinion. Also, how disheartening is it to find only the head and horns of numerous deer in the field clearly left for " someone" to easily find. This is only speculation though and in no way am I exaggerating what has been stated thus far.

Also, yes, I' ve been a little upset regarding the matter and may have made a comment or two about retaliating. No, I have no intentions on retaliating on this person, but I do however have plans to continue to push this issue with the law enforcement offices, also referred to by many on here as the " proper way" .

C903, I have found your comment regarding me possibly exaggerating the story offending. I only hope I am misunderstanding something. Like I said, I do not type this to see myself type or to get a rise out of someone or to see how many people will reply back. I just need a place to vent a little and get suggestions from people that may have been in this situation, that is it.

On a better note, yes, there is something being done. The company who owns this tract of land has contacted my uncle regarding the matter saying they have never givin him permission to hunt of kind on that property. They do not allow people on there anymore because of liability issues (which I wasn' t aware of because there are a few people who occasionally hunt on it.) From my understanding, the company contacted the game commission themselves and are investigating possible destruction of wildlife penaties because of letting deer lay, which is being done. My uncle stated that we may end up with the lease by next year if the Mining company terminates the lease with the farmer.
If this farmer would have done things in a civilized manner, noone would have cared. But people who live next to these fields started complaining about him shooting at night close to there homes.

Anyway, just thought I would pass this along.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lobi, eastwood,

This farmer has numerous tracts of land just like this. He does not to my knowledge shoot deer from anywhere but this one. These field are pretty close to a town so yes, they arent the biggest, say 10-20 football fields each. Dont ask me why the deer are so hell bent on these fields at times. He is planting soybeans in these fields. Maybe thats it. I can' t get into the deer' s mind.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:54 AM

put a fence up between his land and yours ,if he shoots over the fence smack him in the face with a good quality broad handled spade.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:15 AM

buck-i i am a gun hunter also for deer and the reason we shoot coyotes are they are a pest and they kill all kinds of pheasants and fawns here in Iowa. So as far as complaining about gun hunters shooting coyotes maybe you should be thankful they do.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:56 PM

If these are only small plots , is he making 90% of his living from them? If not he is in violation!!! If the local warden has no interest then go over his head , but it is wise to bring a pettition signed by local sportsmen and clubs. This maybe difficult if there is no state land handy. If the area is red tagged I believe he can only shoot 2 deer per month for every 5 tillable acres. I could be wrong but may wanna check into it. I have no qualms w/ a farmer who is being " run out by deer" shooting some . But some do go to excess, but a living off a farm is a tough enough prospect in this economy w/o added pressure!! Maybe try to bury the hatchet and see if an agreement can be reached. If they are really so much a problem then by gones should not be an issue. See if you can get together to legally releive him of does and try to leave the bucks as with most areas in our state the balance is probably way outta wack. Killing the does in our experience is much more helpful to both parties!!!! Just my two cents , but are the avenues I would persue!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Muzzyman.... don' t take it personnal. C3PO hasn' t ever said a nice thing about anyone other than himself. If you check out his last 10 or 12 posts, they' re all inflamatory and trying to put someone down. Just ignore like so many of us have done.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

There has been a couple developments in this ordeal. People living we have a petition, like mention and there is thus far about 50 signitures from people whom live nearby and especially the people living next to these fields who are just as frustrated because he is shooting toward there homes late at night. Also, the company that owns the land and my uncle had a meeting late last week and they are looking for a reason to throw him off anyway as this isn' t the first complaint they have about him. They have leased this land to him for a mere 300 dollars a year and we have made an offer to the company to take over the lease for the same amount and just mow the fields to keep them under control.

Things are lookin up!

Davidmil, thanks buddy. I admit I was a little irritated by the comments he made and yes, I have noticed plenty of his other post.