Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should I do about this guy? >

What should I do about this guy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do about this guy?

Old 11-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What should I do about this guy?

I hunt on our family property of 400 acres. My uncle, the landowner routinely spends a lot of money on high quality food plots through out the property to grow nice bucks. Beside our property, there are two fields that are owned by a mining company that leases them to a farmer. This farmer for the last 3 months has been shooting I' m guessing between 4 and 6 deer a week out these fields at night. This guy is an A@$hole, and considered by many in the community the same. We have found 6 deer on our property so far that were gut shot and obviously suffered before dying. This farmer doesn' t care either and tells people he will shoot every deer he can out of those fields.

Last fall, he shot two bucks, both 17" -18" 8 pointers in the field one night, cut the heads off and took the meat. We are pretty sure he did this intentionally for us to find as he does not care for my uncle ever since he bought the property we own back in the early 80' s. This guy is a pig and I' m spitting nails over this.

We have called the game wardens, the state police and the mining company that owns the fields complaining. There are houses on one side of this field and the people there are complaining also. But, as usual the game wardens turn the other cheek. I don' t know what else to do to with this guy.

It seems that there are a lot of farmers around that take advantage of crop damage laws. What else can be done to stop this guy?
Old 11-18-2003, 09:46 PM

Default RE: What should I do about this guy?

GIVE HIM A GOOD OLE COUNTRY BUT WHOOPIN.THEN PUT SOME KIND OF SMELLY STUFF ON HIS LAND.WHEN HE TALKS SMACK TO YOU GIVE HIM A STUNNER AND THEN SAY THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE MUZZY MAN88 SAID SO.DON' T GET INTO A FIGHT JUST JOKING ABOUT THAT.THIS IS A TUFF ONE.

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:52 PM

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/huntrap/s...t_involved.asp
Old 11-19-2003, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

Get liquored up and burn him out[>:]

or offer the mining co more $ for the lease.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d keep pestering the PGC. That' s the best bet. Especially if you can start gathering evidence against the offending hunter. Maybe pickup a camcorder?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:40 AM

Muzzy-

Sounds like a real pain in the a$$ for you. Maybe I just didn' t read close enough - but is he clearly in violation of a game law (I' m not sure about crop damage permits/laws)? If so, could you catch him in the act with a video camera?

Noticed you' re from Pleasant Gap - my family is from S.College. Small world!
Old 11-19-2003, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

JeremyK, this guy is not a hunter. He doesn' t hunt unless with a spot light. We don' t have a problem with him shooting a few does every year, but from what we' ve been hearing, he is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 deer so far this season.

We' re going to continue to call the game commission every chance we get, but thus far it hasn' t helped. I' m thinkin of laying down a couple nice track fulls of roofing nails for him. Maybe he' ll get the hint.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well first step would be the game warder. You' ve done that to no avail, but I' d keep pestering him about it.
I would try to lease the rights to post the land that he is poaching on. Then you can legally boot his sorry arse.
Any chance of approaching him and discuss it like gentlemen?? (probably not approachable)
good ole fashion beatin?? tempting but not the best answer.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Use an old Game Warden trick. One evening sneak out and set up a camera and a deer decoy in the area where he is jacklighting. Tape the whole thing. Then turn him in, if the game commission doesn' t respond, go to local law enforcement, mayor, or other politicians last resort is the local, tv news, they' ll jump on the bandwagon. Just be sure to put a positive hunting spin on it so the anti' s don' t get ammunition in there efforts.

Also without proof don' t believe the neighborhood talk of how many he has taken. So many times this kind of thing gets exaggerated to Paul Bunyon status.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

this guy sounds like the deer hunters who shoot coyotes and for no reason and let them lay,maybe he thinks the only good deer is a dead deer.they damage crops run into cars killing people,and just too many deer around. sounds like some of the deer hunters excuses to shoot coyotes,this guy is doing the same thing but killing deer and ya' ll hate it at least he took some meat.maybe he is using the dead deer to bait in coyotes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.