Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should I do about this guy? >

What should I do about this guy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do about this guy?

Old 11-19-2003, 09:18 AM

Default RE: What should I do about this guy?

That is easy you need to set up somewhere out of sight with a night vision camcorder. That might sound expensive but lots of camcorders now come with this feature.

Video tape his illegal late night killings make copies and contact the authorities.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:06 AM

salt the fields nothing grows ...no deer come..... no deer to shoot...... no more problem

J/K video tape him and just keep hounding the PGC and local law enforcement eventually they' ll get tired of it and respond
good luck

need some salt?[8D]
Old 11-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unortunately with him being a farmer, the PGC will most likely never do anything to him. I suppose you could take matters into your own hands, but just make sure you don;t get caught.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Badatta2d, Use his suggestion with the decoy and the video camera that works i have seen it done to many people and they all get busted but make sure you get a license plate number or a look at his face with the video camera.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:47 PM

you said he is a farmer, he leases the fields he is shooting the deer in, right? the game commision hasnt done anything about, maybe its becasue he is doing this legally. you have a job, right? imagine everyday you went to work you saw a herd of deer eating away at your bank account, 25 cents here, a dollar there, 50 cents here, two dollars there. after about 3 days of this you would come to work with a rifle as well. its unfortunate your land is near his, but im sure hes not going to kill every deer within 20 miles of your property. here is what i would do, explain your situation, ot not explain, depends on how you want to approach, and then ask if you can help him rid his fields of deer. BAM! problem solved. hes a farmer, you have to suck it up. his raising crops is WAY more important than you getting to have an " idea" hunt on your land.
Old 11-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' d have a nice talk with the local game warden.

GOOD Luck!
Old 11-19-2003, 05:17 PM

as much as the guy is an a hole what aka said is right , however even if the property is red tag , the deer still have to be tagged , keep bugging the warden or ask the guy if you can hunt the property, just keep bugging the right people until you get some results , the local government is probably best because they can fine the crap out of him.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I dont think I mentioned that he did get caught last year doing the same thing and not reporting what he shot. He had something like 12 deer not tagged hanging in a barn. He had to pay a price for each deer untagged. Someone turned him in last year. He told a few people, that he' s going to show everyone this year, and shoot everything that moves on those two fields.

Also, its not like these two fields are all that big, maybe 5 or 6 acres a piece. He knew damn well when he took the lease that there were a lot of deer there, but since my uncle and him had words about him shooting a couple deer a few years back, its gotten out of hand. I' m not saying we should have said anything to him about shooting a couple here and there, but this is getting ridiculous. Its not just hurting us, there is about 20 or so acres there that a few hunters used to hunt regularly, now, they don' t because of him. He wont let anyone on his fields to get up in there to hunt anymore.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO. The game warden can' t ignore that.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, eastwood is right. MI farmers HATE deer. In fact, about 5 years ago they threatened a class action law suit against the state if the deer herd wasn' t reduced. I know that some farmers shoot all the deer they can with a 22 so they don' t die in the fields, but will die a slow death in the woods. They have also issued unlimited doe permits in certain counties to help with the deer herd. This wiped out the deer on our hunting land let me tell you. I talked to a local farmer up there and he said he would lose 10-20 acres per 100 acres of corn to deer. In an area like this, game officers tend to look the other way when it comes to farmers and their livelihood. It' s a tough deal here, but you may want to make friends with this guy. Or kick the daylights out of him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.