Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
It has been a long time >

It has been a long time

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It has been a long time

Old 11-02-2023, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by peakrut
My bad man
It's a good topic.

My dad was never interested in archery hunting. However, two years ago he got a twenty year old Horton.

He's two for two taking a nice doe and a real nice nine point since then.

It's not "real" archery all that. But, I don't care . Gets people in the woods hunting and extends seasons. Shoot the real bow as long as you can but don't miss out, there's other options!
Old 11-03-2023, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back Peakrut. A lot of the old names are gone but a few remain and others check in once in a while. Hope you're doing well and have a great deer season.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure what counts as "back in the day" around here, but I've been using HNI since 1998, before the server transition.

I actually separated my collar bone this summer in August, so I couldn't draw my bow until about 2 wks ago, so I've committed this year as 100% rifle. Although, making that choice is a pretty short journey for me - we end up super hot through our early archery season, and then I'm busy starting wrestling season in November, so other than a few days of rut (which is LATE this year, only really started this weekend), I don't focus too much on early archery... But the rifles are stoked and ready to bark in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:05 AM
Bartender

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Welcome back Peakrut. A lot of the old names are gone but a few remain and others check in once in a while. Hope you're doing well and have a great deer season.
Thanks Cal! All is good and hope all is good on your end as well. I have until the end of the month left of Wi bow season in the county I hunt. How is your season going?
Old 01-10-2024, 05:09 AM
Bartender

Howdy bro! (NoMercy) Was that when it was huntingnet.net or something like that. Yeah we go back to the same time period. Sorry to hear about your collar bone. I got up in Northern Wi bigwoods for gun season. Total bust! Our 2 groups just didn't see much for deer this season. How'd you do?
Old 01-19-2024, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by peakrut
Thanks Cal! All is good and hope all is good on your end as well. I have until the end of the month left of Wi bow season in the county I hunt. How is your season going?
Hey Peakrut. 1 buck down and passed on another at last 2 minutes of the season. Now I'm in the middle of a long pheasant season at the club. Life is good.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I like to call crossbows going over to the dark side...lol
I fought it off until I couldn't any more.
In all actuality they are really fun to shoot and hunt with.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I like to call crossbows going over to the dark side...lol
I fought it off until I couldn't any more.
In all actuality they are really fun to shoot and hunt with.
Quiet too. Shoot all day, not bother the neighbors or your ears!

Old 02-25-2024, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a Ten Point S400 Viper. It has an awesome trigger better than most of the long guns in my safe.

Old 03-28-2024, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used to be here every day but it seems to be dying out. I would login a couple times a day only to find that there were no new post/threads so I sort of gave up. I've been away for several months but now I come back every couple days to see what's new if anything.
I'm more interested in muzzleloading and black powder and bowhunting. This was a very good forum but it seems people lost interest. I met a few good friends on here.