Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deal

Old 04-05-2024, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Deal

The past 5 or 6 years now I've been hunting with a X-bow. I had sold off my vertical bows except for a recurve that I play with from time to time. Well I got a hankering to shoot a compound again but didn't want to give them the $$ they wanted for them. I happen to be strolling through a pawn shop her in central Florida and the had 3 hanging on pegs on the back wall. I examined them for cracks and a general hard once over. One I really liked. Its a Bear Lightsout. A single cam bow, nice and short and had sights, whisker biscuit rest, and quiver. It came with a soft case and a release. I took it up to the counter knowing that bows don't really sell that well for them and asked what the best he could do out the door right now. $70 was the answer. I have it setting here and have a half dozen Blood Sport arrows coming in, a new peep and some D-loop material. I'll be shooting about 50-55 lbs which is plenty for my PA whitetails where shots rarely go beyond 30 yards. Tis guy on the left was taken at 20 yards.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck with it. I hope you get some with it.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:32 AM
Spike

That's awesome! $70 for a Bear Lightsout is an incredible find, especially with all the accessories. Sounds like you have a great setup for whitetail hunting in PA. Good luck with the new (to you) bow and I can't wait to see some pictures of your next successful harvest!
Old 04-11-2024, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by goraw84060
That's awesome! $70 for a Bear Lightsout is an incredible find, especially with all the accessories. Sounds like you have a great setup for whitetail hunting in PA. Good luck with the new (to you) bow and I can't wait to see some pictures of your next successful harvest!
Thanks but in all honesty this will only be a back up or if I get the itch to hunt with it a day or so. I just want don't want to lose my form from years of shooting vertical bows. (Started with a recurve back in '65)
Before I got my crossbow I would practice out to 70 yards because that was my lowest pin setting. On a good day I could keep 5 arrows in a 3"-5" group. I did that because it amplified any errors in my form. I'd never take a shot at an animal that far but that practice makes those 15-20 yard shots a piece of cake. That is of course if you could get to full draw without those high strung whitetails catching you - LOL.
Except for one year when I didn't see a legal deer in all the seasons, in the past dozen or so years, I've taken nice buck and a couple doe with my bow. The one in my pic on the left was one of the smaller ones. But a very symmetrical 8 pt. Other deer with the muzzleloader. I can't remember the last time I shot a deer with a CF rifle.

Last edited by bronko22000; 04-11-2024 at 04:30 PM.