Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
It has been a long time >

It has been a long time

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It has been a long time

Old 10-25-2023, 04:54 AM
  #1  
Bartender
Thread Starter
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default It has been a long time

Any regulars from way back in the day still around?
I am still going at it with a compound. I suspect in the next year or two I will probably have to switch to a crossbow. Time will tell.
Hope to see someone familiar if not meet some of you folks.

Tony, Trevor, Wi
peakrut is offline  
Old 10-25-2023, 10:32 AM
  #2  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 9,520
Default

Not very many.

I remember you though! How's the hunting been?
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 08:31 AM
  #3  
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 586
Default

yes I haven't been on here in years. Ah the good old days
BUCKINTHEWOODZ is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 11:37 AM
  #4  
Bartender
Thread Starter
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

Not sure if that is good or bad lol. Hunting here in Wi has been a bit slow for me. But getting after it for sure. How about you?
peakrut is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 11:38 AM
  #5  
Bartender
Thread Starter
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

Originally Posted by BUCKINTHEWOODZ
yes I haven't been on here in years. Ah the good old days
Crazy times for sure in here as well. lol
peakrut is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 03:25 PM
  #6  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 9,520
Default

Originally Posted by peakrut
Not sure if that is good or bad lol. Hunting here in Wi has been a bit slow for me. But getting after it for sure. How about you?

No shame in using a crossbow. Just another tool.

I've used a crossbow and a recurve this year. I don't know if I'll take the compound bow out. Probably not as I have difficulty switching back and forth with the recurve.
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 10-31-2023, 04:06 PM
  #7  
Boone & Crockett
 
Oldtimr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: south eastern PA
Posts: 15,427
Default

Therer is no shame in using a crossbow, they are a legal sporting arm, that is all that needs to be said.
Oldtimr is online now  
Old 11-01-2023, 05:56 AM
  #8  
Bartender
Thread Starter
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
No shame in using a crossbow. Just another tool.

I've used a crossbow and a recurve this year. I don't know if I'll take the compound bow out. Probably not as I have difficulty switching back and forth with the recurve.
No shame at all. You replying to the right thread? lol I didn't mention crossbow.
I was replying to your post:
Not very many.

I remember you though! How's the hunting been? Remembering me if it is a good or bad thing lol
peakrut is offline  
Old 11-01-2023, 05:32 PM
  #9  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 9,520
Default

Originally Posted by peakrut
No shame at all. You replying to the right thread? lol I didn't mention crossbow.
I was replying to your post:
Not very many.

I remember you though! How's the hunting been? Remembering me if it is a good or bad thing lol
You mentioned switching in your original post.

-Jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 11-02-2023, 07:23 AM
  #10  
Bartender
Thread Starter
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
You mentioned switching in your original post.

-Jake
My bad man
peakrut is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.