Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cardeer hurt

Old 11-09-2003, 02:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Cardeer hurt

Thats the bad news. The good news I finally got a deer after 5 weeks. Friday morning went out at 5Am. Seen nothing by 10. Had to go home and let the dog out. Got back in the stand around noon. All of a sudden 2deer come running past me and they were looking back. Here comes a buck I noticed it was limping in the rear. It was broad side at 10 yards. I let a bolt go out of the x-bow and the x-bow limb broke and kicked back and hit me in the head. I felt blood running down my head and the deer was hit high ,amazingly the bolt actually got there. I got up went to the deer and had to finish it off with my knife. I then noticed the deer was limping cause there was a arrow in its butt. I was really bleeding ,so I called my dad on the cell phone. He is 86, but phyiscally in good shape. I laid down and waited for him to get there. He helped me out of the woods and took me to the hospital. 47 stitches later I was on the way home. He went back and drug that deer 1/4 mile to his truck. On the way out a hunter who shot the buck that morning in the butt gave him a hard time and wanted the deer and made the mistake of swinging at dad. Dad is a x cop and a black belt.I was not there but the neighbor said he beat the crap out of the guy. Anyway I' m home and the deer is at the butchers.No pics taken, but it was a average 13 pt around 180 lbs. What a year!!!!!!! And Nancy arrived in Germany safe ans sound. She sent me a e-mail and she was out on the street giving out tracks and witnessing for Christ.What a Women.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cardeer hurt

WOW, Sorry to hear of your injury that is insane. Congrats on the buck. Your average 13 pointer???? I didn' t know there was such a thing!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to hear everything turned out for the best. Sure would have loved to have seen Dad in action.
Old 11-09-2003, 04:36 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Your average 13 pointer???? I didn' t know there was such a thing!
With Cardeer, the most spectacular is just average...
Old 11-09-2003, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez... hopefully this is the end of your black cloud Cardeer. Sorry to hear about your injury. Thankfully you are O.K....

Congrats on your buck, I hope to see a pic of the rack soon.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:32 AM

Your stories never cease to amaze me!! Congratulations and heal up. Put up some pictures of the deer. Maybe include Bruce Lee also!!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ouchie is all i can say. Glad you werent serious hurt though. good job on the buck[:-]
Old 11-09-2003, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

feel better big guy
Old 11-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

CD congrats on the deer.
Hope you heal up quickly, I want to see a pic of the stitches!!! LOL
Glad Nancy made it okay and is doing a good job!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

A pic of my wounds,you sick old man,seriously this has been a year to write a book about. I tell you what when they remove the sticthes I am going to send them to you. Hey I got a week left to hunt on this property. Why dont you come up and let me guide you to a deer. I will even field dress it for you and paint your face with its blood. Love ya you idiot

Quick Reply: Cardeer hurt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.