Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OUCH!!!!!!!!!  UH OHHHH!!!!!! >

OUCH!!!!!!!!! UH OHHHH!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OUCH!!!!!!!!! UH OHHHH!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2003, 04:38 PM

Default OUCH!!!!!!!!! UH OHHHH!!!!!!

I just gotta tell ya' ll about something that happened to one of my old friends while deer hunting. He was walking to his stand in the early morning hours with his trusty Mathews bow and somehow dropped one of his arrows. Not noticing until he was in the stand, he continued to hunt. He shoots a 6 point and waits a while. It was getting dark, so he went to get some help to find the deer. When they returned he noticed his lost arrow in some tall grass along the trail. All he seen was the fletchings and bent down to get it. Well, the broadhead was pointing up and before he noticed, it was about 4 inchs in his arm starting just above his wrist. He had to hold the arrow between his fingers to keep it from bumping into things and tied a belt around his upper arm. They continued to look for the deer, found it, and started the 2 mile fourwheeler ride and 36 mile drive to the nearest hospital. They had to split his arm open and remove the broadhead. It is bad. He has stitches from his wrist to his elbow. The broadhead was a Steel Force 3 blade. Just thought I' d share this with ya' ll.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:37 PM

Default RE: OUCH!!!!!!!!! UH OHHHH!!!!!!

ouch!!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man that would ruin my day if not season.

Brian
Old 11-08-2003, 06:53 PM

I know what you mean. I about drop my new Bowtech Ext VFT out of the tree the other night. When I went to catch it I grabbed the quiver and caught a broadhead. The funny thing about it I never felt it cut. Got back to the truck and my whole hand was covered with blood. I cut my ring finger all the way to the bone. I should have had it stiched up but I did' nt.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

You' re friend is one tough hunter .. and lucky too. To keep in pursuit of his deer despite his injury really surprises me. I' m sure many of us would have come back later. I wish the best for a speedy recovery.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:42 PM

Good to here he going to be ok. but he probably went to the hospital right of way.
Shouldn' t take any chances when your that far away for medical assistance.
J.J.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:08 AM

Default I Heard That....

...in bowhunting class. The instructor told of a similar story of one of his hunting buddies. After realizing he dropped an arrow....he backtracked to look for it....saw the bright fletching and bend down to get the arrow. Unfortunately, the broadhead was pointed up (damn camo arrows!!!)....the broadhead stuck him in the knee. The instructor says to this day he is still walking with a little limp.