Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goin' huntin'

Old 11-07-2003, 08:07 PM
CPA

Default Goin' huntin'

Just finished getting my bow gear ready for tomorrow a.m. Forecast is for a low of 10* with a north wind at 5 mph and clear. I have my buck tag filled already but maybe a really old or wounded doe would show up and need to be harvested with my antlerless tag. All I know is it will be a beautiful morning to be out. Bowhuntin' in the morning and shooting rifles in the afternoon. Only two weeks to gun season and with a high of 30* tomorrow with light wind it looks like a great day to open up the backyard gun range. I put the target 100 yds out in the pothole and shoot from the picnic table under the deck. My dad has an awesome high power spotting scope so all we do is shoot, adjust and put them away. It is way better than waiting in line at the shooting range. Good luck this weekend, it should be about the best of the year.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Goin' huntin'

Good luck, have fun and be safe
Old 11-08-2003, 04:38 PM

Good Luck, but when sighting in the rifle you may want to try some standing, laying, and off had shots because I don' t know too many times in the woods when you will have a very good rest such as a picnic table unless you hunt from a treestand with a gun rest.
Shane

Happy Trails
Old 11-09-2003, 08:45 AM
CPA

I saw 3 different bucks yesterday morning chasing does. A 120 class 8 point walked directly beneath me. This is the same stand I shot a huge 8 pt out of a week a go. He is awfully lucky that I was " doe" hunting. He will be a real bruiser next year. The does don' t seem to be quite ready yet but the bucks sure are. The guns are sighted and shooting tight groups. I went out this morning and saw 1 buck and a couple of does but nothing of any size.