Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Daughter Goin Huntin

Old 08-31-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Daughter Goin Huntin

Taking my 6year old out friday for a night hunt. gonna hit the woods around 6ish and let her hunt hogs/predators with me. Will be useing 22mag and carring my glock .40. Hopeing just to see something she can get a shot at. I will be backing her up with my dads 243 just in case. She has been takin shots at cans for a while now and think she is good enough to try her hand at bigger game. she has shot 410 before in the field. Might let her pop a rabbit if nothing else is out there to get a shot at.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Daughter Goin Huntin

good luck to her.......
Old 09-01-2005, 01:41 PM

i got a call at work today. My daughter (1st grader) has been telling everyone about me takeing her hog hunting this weekend. The teacher told the counselr and she called me "Its to dangerours to take a 6year old hunting" i told her to deal with and we had about a 10min talk about the birds and the bees (of hunting) and i told her my daughter would be fine and hung up.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Nuff, I started my son at 8yrs old. I bought him a .410 and when he was 12
I took him to the HSC and bought him a youth Win.1300 20ga. When he was
16 I bought him a Win. .30-30 Carbine.
Keep her safe around weapons and enjoy her youth, before she finds a boyfriend
and wants to part company with you.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 PM

If you take your kids hunting, you won't have to hunt for your kids!
-Ted Nugent
Old 09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigboar23

If you take your kids hunting, you won't have to hunt for your kids!
-Ted Nugent
10-4 Brother!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:28 AM

well, we used the tuff tusk; and me with my wisdom says lets go to the other stand and set the trap then we will come back (to the spray area) we walk back about a hour later and see freakin tracks everywhere. i had tied the scent pad on a small sapling and it was knocked over. We never saw them tho. Shoulda stayed there and waited i suppose but i thought it would take longer. We are heading back sunday mornin to try again. This time we will wait AT the spray =)

Old 09-03-2005, 04:10 PM

Well I can't tell you how happy I am that it worked out for you. Normally it will take a little longer than an hour, but if they're within sniffing distance of that pungent odor, it don't take long. I've woken them up out of beds with it, and brought them in within a half hour, but that's cause I knew where they were bedded. Well I can't wait to see the pictures when she drops a big one. I can't tell you how happy it will make me if I can in some way contribute to her success with our product. Keep me posted.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Dang Nuff!! You need to take that girl hunting under the light of a FULL Texas Moon bro!!! Funnest way to hunt for hogs!!
Old 09-04-2005, 10:24 AM

yea, i just wanna get her used to seeing them in the wild. she has seen the ones we catch/shoot but never ones just runnin loose. We are going to head out in about 2 hours and hunt till monday morning. my lease is about 30min from Sam Rayburn lake and we have creeks runnin all around us, so we will spend the holiday up there.

Quick Reply: Daughter Goin Huntin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.