Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-08-2003, 10:24 PM

Default RE: Need help..Just stuck a MONSTER!!!

Your right nub. Sounds kindda fishy to me.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:05 AM
New Sheriff

very fortunate indeed
Old 11-09-2003, 07:54 AM

This post broke down a long time ago. Let' s just slam the crap out of the guy. Sorry about the deer. I' m glad you saw him running the doe. Your intentions were good in seeking help but in the future, you might want to consider not posting a wounding thread. I mean...Look at all the help you have gotten on this one. I bet all the " experts" keep it to themselves when they wound a deer....And you can bet that they DO wound them without recovery at times. Maybe I' m wrong about the " experts" ...They must be blessed with the gift of true arrow flight on every shot regardless of the tension surrounding the moment. Probably totally calm and cool in the seconds prior to release. Ice in their veins...Never had buck fever. Been there done that, it' s just old hat. Yea that' s the ticket. The Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl too...
Old 11-09-2003, 12:42 PM

Glad to hear that your deer is still out there and doing well.
There are always going to be circumstances (that you can' t control) that affect where that arrow hits. I can' t understand why some feel that they have to be so critical in their judgment. Isn' t it funny how some people never lose a deer and get the perfect shot each time? I do believe they collect their spent arrow and pretend it never happened.
There' s a huge 10 point running around here with a severely wounded shoulder. I' m sure someone is going around unhappy because they couldn' t find their deer. If they were still tracking him it would be over a week and half since he was hit. That' s one long trail to follow.......
Old 11-09-2003, 12:58 PM

i had the same thing happen to me on a doe i hit one lung and found her about 250 yards away just give him time and you will find him
Old 11-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-09-2003, 04:56 PM

Bigbuck00 and others who post about losing deer, I don' t think it is the fact that you post about losing a deer that sets some of the members off. Most of the slamming comes in when people post about how long they searched for a wounded animal. Don' t post saying you only looked for a few hours for a wounded deer. They honestly do deserve more effort than that.

I' ve lost deer throughout my hunting career, but I also searched long and hard for those deer, some I looked for exclusively for 3 days, daylight to dark. We owe to these animals to give 100%. Good luck the rest of the season and don' t let the words of a few guys keep you from visiting and posting here.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:39 PM

00, just wondering if you ever found the arrow? tough luck on the deer. Do you use open on impact or do you use fixed blade? Good luck on trying again.

dmaurer29
Old 11-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]