Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help..Just stuck a MONSTER!!!

why even ask for help on this site???

half the people here offer support or idea' s, and the other part believes they could track a chipmunk through a thunderstorm if they grazed it' s ass after a 100yrd shot.

this board fits the saying, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Old 11-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

HighCountry_BruteForce, I would never take a 100yd shot on a chipmunk and definetly not durring a thunderstorm for fear of an ass hit and possable loss of game![][&:]

Buck00, These guys are right, This deer could be dead! You need to put in some hours pal. Get out and keep looking. I' ve lost some, I' m not bashing you for loosing yours, but you haven' t looked yet!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Dominant Buck

he turned slight quatering away
said earlier this deer was heading away from me,
I read these two statements differently. One sounds like an OK chance of probably a good hit. The second sounds like a poor chance of a good hit. I' d say he' s in the next county bedded down licking his wounds. Maybe you did pay attention but didn' t convey the actual picture to clearly. Like I said, I hate to say it, but he' s still motoring from what you say now.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-07-2003, 07:34 PM
New Sheriff

Did you ever find the arrow?
Old 11-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I f your not sure....give him 6 to 8 hours........10 if you' ve got time and then go get him! He' ll be dead! Let ' em die then there easy to find!

Good Luck!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:23 PM

Too bad on your deer man. Sorry you had to hear all the crap from some of these guys..
Old 11-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks dude. dont give up hope though
Old 11-08-2003, 06:33 AM
nub

Such a magnificent animal is only worth 3 hours to you? I get the feeling from you that includes drive and walk in time too. I think you should stay out of the woods til you learn some respect for the animals you hunt.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

It really sucks to lose the deer of a lifetime, but it happens. I want to correct something one of the bashers said, and say all the time about SEEING YOUR ARROW HIT THE DEER! One of the biggest mistakes bowhunters make is peeking! As soon as you release, you drop your bow arm so you can see your arrow! DON' T DO THIS! Remember to follow through with the shot! Any good archery instructor will preach this over and over.

I' m not saying you did this. But I see crap like this posted all over this board and folks just getting started shouldn' t take what they read here as the word of God. Go to your Pro shop and take lessons. Shoot from various angles, while standing, kneeling, and sitting. Just remember to follow through with the shot. You' ll still see the dark spot on the deer where your arrow hit, but it will fly a lot truer if you don' t peek.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.