Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Missed deer at 2 yards.  How??? >

Missed deer at 2 yards. How???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed deer at 2 yards. How???

Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Missed deer at 2 yards. How???

I did the same thing last year. My am was to high. Practice practice

good luck
Old 10-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

I love this forum! I' ve been reading on it for around a year now and I' m still getting all sorts of new information. I both have a loop and missed a semi-steep shot the other night. Point is I didn' t know about the loop problem. Interesting. But how does having the loop keep pressure off the arrow rest. Or how would not having it put pressure on the rest?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

If you tilt your bow with good form it should not make a difference. I want ssomeone to clarify this.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did the same thing. But I took a patch of fur off a buck. dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang dang. I' m still a little sore about it.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:19 PM

Last season I missed a doe that close. I couldn' t believe it. I used my binoculars to look at the arrow and the nock must of been cracked because it was missing. I called her back to 10 yards and missed again. I was cursing myself. When I found the arrow, it was turned sideways on the ground. The only thing that I can guess is that I hit a little branch that I didn' t see.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2003, 11:38 AM

I wouldn' t attempt any shot without practicing it first. No room for guesses in the deer woods.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:57 AM

My guess is that you have never practiced shooting straight down before. Heck I haven' t either. You can bet your sweet a$$ I will real soon though. I am going to learn from your hard luck.

It' s good to miss rather than wound it though.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:10 PM

wait till they walk away and get a good shot at 10yds ...straight down shots are not optimal in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

If you tilt your bow with good form it should not make a difference. I want ssomeone to clarify this.
You don' t tilt your bow. You bend at the waist, keeping your bow arm straight in front of you. The bend in your waist is how you aim the bow, not by dropping your bow arm to aim.

Quick Reply: Missed deer at 2 yards. How???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.