Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool! >

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Old 10-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

i quess so far we are young but maybe the old timers dont have a computer! ill throw in old eddie the taxidermist, 72 and still uses a climber and shot a button the other day!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 35 and have been hunting since I was 12. I' ve bowhunted for 5 years and there' s a real good chance that I will never pick up a gun to harvest a deer, again. My wife? Ha. I have a better chance of seeing our maker, than her hunting. Now, my 7 year old daughter, she will hopefully hunt someday. She shows some interest and she loves to shoot her bow. Cutt
Old 10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I am 28 and have been hunting for 16yrs now. Hunting keept me out of a lot of trouble when I was younger!!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool

awesome keep it coming! this is a great post so far!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m 29 and I' ve been hunting since I was 12. I started going out with my grandfather when I was 8. I' d sit on stand with him and he' d teach me from his experiences.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:59 PM

Im 21, been hunting since I was 15. I only bowhunt now.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' m 47 and been hunting since I was 14. I might give it up......if I go blind.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:24 PM

I' m 17, this is my 6th year in the woods. I' ve killed 6 deer with archery tackle. I' ve taken 7 other deer in rifle season.

I' ve been a " hunter" ever since I was 3. My Dad used to carry me in a backpack and go grouse and rabbit hunting. He' d almost always sacrifice his chances of success to take me along as I was growing up. He' s still my favorite hunting partner and best friend. I' ve learned more about the woods from him than any book or magazine could' ve ever taught me.

Tyler
Old 10-29-2003, 08:26 PM

I' m 40 years old, been hunting since I was 10.[:-]
Old 10-29-2003, 08:31 PM

I' m 45 and have been hunting since age 12. Before that I would be " the dog" and kick rooster phesants and rabbits out for my Dad and older brother. I love being in my stand bow hunting, although also love walking the big woods with my 7 mag in hand during rifle season.

Here in Wisconsin they have a " youth hunt" which is statewide this coming Saturday. Kids 12-15 years can hunt for does only under appropriate supervision with rifles/shotguns. Only the youth can hunt. I' ll be bow hunting, but on Saturday I have to wear blaze orange during this one day hunt. Many people don' t like this hunt because it' s getting prime time rut, and to a point I agree. They could have had it at an earlier time than now, although it is a good way to show the kids what they can look forward to when they get of age and can hunt a real " season" .

Quick Reply: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.