HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:31 PM
whitetails & muskies

Default RE: i read an article,average deer hunter age is 42 and the future looks bleek, lets do our own pool!

I' m 45 and have been hunting since age 12. Before that I would be " the dog" and kick rooster phesants and rabbits out for my Dad and older brother. I love being in my stand bow hunting, although also love walking the big woods with my 7 mag in hand during rifle season.

Here in Wisconsin they have a " youth hunt" which is statewide this coming Saturday. Kids 12-15 years can hunt for does only under appropriate supervision with rifles/shotguns. Only the youth can hunt. I' ll be bow hunting, but on Saturday I have to wear blaze orange during this one day hunt. Many people don' t like this hunt because it' s getting prime time rut, and to a point I agree. They could have had it at an earlier time than now, although it is a good way to show the kids what they can look forward to when they get of age and can hunt a real " season" .