Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Questions on Summit Viper >

Questions on Summit Viper

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions on Summit Viper

Old 10-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Spike

Default RE: Questions on Summit Viper

One nice thing is you can always order a differnet seat section from summit. If you buy the viper you can order the cobra seat section right from summit. As I believe all the platform sections are the same size. Not the cheapest thing to do but then you have the best of both worlds.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:31 AM

I swithced to a summit viper two seasons ago. I had a stand that looked alot like a loggy b (no-name brand) and I was seriously looking into LB for the new stand. My buddy was getting a viper and we got a deal on two and I tried anlther firiends and I really liked it. Like you, I wanted a rest for the gun season.

The viper is rock solid. I prefer to stand so the bar has to be at my knees to shoot over it with my bow. With the seat at this height, I can' t sit down. It is like squatting. If I am going to sit, it is during the gun season and then I have the rest. Climbing is a pain sometimes as the big comfy seat does not fold completely out of the way. I developed a system for that too. I really don' t think you can beat the viper. After a season of use you will have all of the kinks worked out and a super comfortable stand for all three seasons.

Greg
Old 10-23-2003, 06:54 PM

I' m impressed with the Viper. Quiet set-up, quiet climbing, easy to pack. I could go on . The stand is as close to perfection as I' ve found.

I was very close to buying a Cobra, but I just like the security of the bar out front. My favorite use of the bar is laying my bow on it while sitting. It' s alot quicker than having it hung on a screw-in hook. The bar makes climbing alot simpler too.

The only things I' ll be adding to my Viper is the footrest kit and padded backpack straps.

Tyler
Old 10-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2003, 09:44 PM

summit stands have to be the most comfortable on the market ,not to mention they feel solid up in the tree
Old 10-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy,
Sorry I didn' t get back to you via Private Message.......I tried but my computer is doing some whacky stuff tonight.
You will be absolutely fine at 160lbs + your gear in the Cobra. That' s plenty of weight to get the stand to seat fully into the bark.
The upper section CAN shift if you bump it while standing, so be sure to anchor that section with the supplied packing strap.

If you are concerned about the platform shifting, don' t be. They stick like velcro, just give it a little forceful side to side wiggle when you reach hunting height to be sure all the teeth are engaged and its not going anywhere.
I have never in 6 seasons of using the Summit cable style climbers had one shift even the tiniest bit.
I' m not wild about heights but feel about as " at ease" as I' m ever going to feel in a treestand with a Summit.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:43 AM

I feel the same about heights as Matt/PA. I don' t really care to get too high. But for some reason the summit helps put my mind at ease. And it does stick like velcro to a tree. In some cases i' ve had some trouble getting it unstuck from the tree. But deffinitly invest in the footrest, I am going to buy one when I get a chance.