Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mock scrapes?

Old 10-22-2003, 01:22 PM
jec

Default mock scrapes?

I' d like to hear what you all think about these and if you make them, how do you do it? I know a guy who does this and regularly kills nice bucks, but he is secretive and won' t tell how he makes them. I' ve heard how people actually urinate in them themselves because they claim that testosterone is testosterone, whether human or deer, but I don' t think I would dare risk that one. I alway have rubs under my certain stand, but don' t ever find the scrapes because I am afraid to disturb the area too much looking for the scrape. I have rubs right beside my corn feeder and would like to make a mock scrape there to bring out the buck. I' d like to try this. what are your opinions and what do you put in them?
Old 10-22-2003, 02:01 PM

Default RE: mock scrapes?

Check out this article. It' s one of the most comprehensive I have found. I can' t remember if it talks about where to place them, but if you do a search for this and make sure the time parameter is 3 months or more, you' ll find a thread that covered this subject and someone there gave good advice on where to locate them. Along trails and rub lines are a good place to start.

http://www.bowhunting.net/SteveBarty...ckScrapes.html
Old 10-22-2003, 02:59 PM

Default RE: mock scrapes?

jec...read this interesting article about scrapes. There is also a link on the same page to watch a buck making a scrape..(quality of the video is not good)

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/featu...APES/index.htm