Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

" The Can"

Old 10-17-2003, 08:21 AM

Default " The Can"

I went out and bought me " the can" estrus call and i was just wondering if anyone has had any successes with it. Thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 08:37 AM

Default RE: " The Can"

I used one last season with no luck. The only time I have ever called in a deer was with a doe bleat. I dont usually do this without seeing a deer but I was bored. I blew on this doe bleat a couple of times and I hear thrashing coming through the woods, so I stopped and 11 doe come running into my area. The leader of the group put on the brakes right in front of stand and was looking around to figure out where the deer was. It was quite fun to watch. I will still use the can this season as I do believe it will work.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

At the recommendation of a few friends I purchased one for this season. I' m looking forward to see how it works out.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:42 AM

i have 3 of them, bought them more for my wife than me, i have called deer in by using a doe bleat, i still carry a can and use it but have not had any noticable luck with it as yet but i keep trying.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

FYI, there is no such thing as an estrous call. " The Can" simply mimics the contact call made by all deer, in this case doe and fawns. You can mimic the same call using any adjustable o-ring type call.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

I bought one last year. The very first time I tried it, I called in a small buck. I thought this thing was magical. But I used for a couple weeks after that and never had another deer come directly in. I will continue to use it this year though. It worked for me once so hopefully it will work again.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:19 AM

I haven' t had any luck with mine, but I keep using it. I still like a grunt to stop em when they are walking around
Old 10-17-2003, 11:26 AM

My buddy called in a few does and 2 nice bucks with his original can 2 weeks ago. I am going to try mine this weekend if the opportunity comes up.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

I' ve used mine this season a few times (first time I' ve had it) and haven' t had any luck yet. I' ve been using it this early because, as Rob pointed out, it' s not an estrous call. It will work, if it works, all season.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine gave me a can a couple of years ago and i' ve tried it a few times with no luck. It doesn' t seem to scare the deer away though when i have used it with deer around me that i could see. They usually just stop and look towards me and move on or go back to doing whatever they were doing. I' ve never had any luck with rattling or scents either but i think it' s timing more so than anything else as i' m sure they all will work if the time is right. I have however had luck using a grunt tube and i' ve taken several good bucks while using one so i always have one hanging around my neck from day 1 until the last day of the season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.