Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Guy's, I'm back! >

Guy's, I'm back!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guy's, I'm back!

Old 03-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Guy's, I'm back!

It's been a number of years since I seriously shot my bow. I'm think 3 to be exact. I've taken it out shot some here and there. I've been putting off buying new arrows and just shooting the few I have. I've been recovering (or not) from my 3rd shoulder surgery which has been another reason I've not been too active. I've stayed connected to this forum by stepping up and running the deer hunting contest.

Well, the other week, life's been going good. My shoulder is what it is. I've had an open invitation to go back to my Dojo and workout. That went ok, though I still pay for it for the next 36 hours after. But it was ok. So I bought a new set of arrows. Broke down my bow, lubed everything that needed it. Re-tuned it setting my rest and nock according to the method I posted on the technical forum.

I'm proud to say, it's never shot better. I've been getting out and shooting daily now for the last few weeks and realize how much I love shooting my bow. Now, I'm looking at opening gobbler day. I'm going to pop a bird with my bow this spring. I can't wait until next fall either. I'm motivated to spend some quality time in the woods.

So cheers, looking forward to return to this forum.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:56 AM
Spike

welcome back
Old 03-25-2015, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Back
Old 03-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Back!!!

HJ
Old 03-26-2015, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool! Glad to hear you healed and can get back into it!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Back Fieldmouse! As an old fart that's had more shoulder injuries than I care to think about it, take this advise to heart, do NOT over train. If you are like me you will have a tendency to "grit and bear it". You will end up doing way more harm than good to your shoulder. Every day is too much. And drop your bow to the lowest poundage you can and work back up to hunting weight. For Turkey, 50 pound pull is more than sufficient with today's bows. Kind of doubtful you would take a shot past 25-30 yards on a Bird and with a good cut on impact broad-head, 50 is plenty to blow through a wiley old tom. If you feel you just HAVE to, train every other day. Give your shoulder at least a day's break. You will find you will get back into shooting shape faster this way.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:24 AM
Bartender

I had to look twice!! Welcome Back!!!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back
Old 06-17-2015, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Can you all believe, we're one month away from the sign ups for this year's contest and just a few more before opening day in many states.

May those of us who venture out shoot the world class 200+ deer!