HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guy's, I'm back!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Default Guy's, I'm back!

It's been a number of years since I seriously shot my bow. I'm think 3 to be exact. I've taken it out shot some here and there. I've been putting off buying new arrows and just shooting the few I have. I've been recovering (or not) from my 3rd shoulder surgery which has been another reason I've not been too active. I've stayed connected to this forum by stepping up and running the deer hunting contest.

Well, the other week, life's been going good. My shoulder is what it is. I've had an open invitation to go back to my Dojo and workout. That went ok, though I still pay for it for the next 36 hours after. But it was ok. So I bought a new set of arrows. Broke down my bow, lubed everything that needed it. Re-tuned it setting my rest and nock according to the method I posted on the technical forum.

I'm proud to say, it's never shot better. I've been getting out and shooting daily now for the last few weeks and realize how much I love shooting my bow. Now, I'm looking at opening gobbler day. I'm going to pop a bird with my bow this spring. I can't wait until next fall either. I'm motivated to spend some quality time in the woods.

So cheers, looking forward to return to this forum.