Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Grimreapers???

Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grim reapers don't have o-rings.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
Grim reapers don't have o-rings.
Exactly my point!!! He stated that "O" rings will never be part of his rig set up. In the 2+ dz that I have bought and have been given by GR for several animals that I have sent them pics of, not 1 "O" ring yet!!! Well, that leaves GR's in the mix, no "O" rings!!! And $50 for a pack of 4, not 3 with one being a practice head. 3 Hunting, 1 practice.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Exactly my point!!! He stated that "O" rings will never be part of his rig set up. In the 2+ dz that I have bought and have been given by GR for several animals that I have sent them pics of, not 1 "O" ring yet!!! Well, that leaves GR's in the mix, no "O" rings!!! And $50 for a pack of 4, not 3 with one being a practice head. 3 Hunting, 1 practice.
I paid $33.95 for a 3 pack of GR and it had a additional practice tip included. That was local. I've seen online prices about the same through Amazon and other retailers.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah...not sure where ppl are getting this info. Reapers do not have O rings. $50 for a 3pack is mighty spendy, too. I never paid more than $35 for mine.

As far as hog hunting goes, my first choice would be the fatal steels as I mentioned before. Solid stainless ferrule and slightly smaller cutting diameter for better penetration. Second choice would be the 1 3/8 razor tip. Just the looks of the trocar style tip screams pass-thru.

And lastly, 80 yards is definitely too far of a shot. If your shot is that long, you screwed up when you set your stand. 80 yards for target practice? Heck yeah. When I'm hunting, it's 40 yards max. No exceptions.

And lastly, my BS alarm goes off as soon as I see someone mention muzzy's grouping at 80 yards...

Last edited by cjclemens; 08-26-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot both. I have been shooting the whitetail specials as of late. Awesome blood trail!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cjclemens
Yeah...not sure where ppl are getting this info. Reapers do not have O rings. $50 for a 3pack is mighty spendy, too. I never paid more than $35 for mine.

As far as hog hunting goes, my first choice would be the fatal steels as I mentioned before. Solid stainless ferrule and slightly smaller cutting diameter for better penetration. Second choice would be the 1 3/8 razor tip. Just the looks of the trocar style tip screams pass-thru.

And lastly, 80 yards is definitely too far of a shot. If your shot is that long, you screwed up when you set your stand. 80 yards for target practice? Heck yeah. When I'm hunting, it's 40 yards max. No exceptions.

And lastly, my BS alarm goes off as soon as I see someone mention muzzy's grouping at 80 yards...

100% my point!!!! He said something about "O" rings in the beginning and I have shot them since they came out and have never had an "O" ring with them.
I buy my GR's here localaly at Bucheits and NAO Archery store for basically $35 a pack of 3 and don't use the proctice head. Trash can. I resharpen my practice heads and hunt with them on the same shaft they were tuned/practiced with.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought some 125gr Fatal steel GR.This is the first time I am going to try Mec heads. They do look well made and NASTY looking. Going to try and shoot one thru a Deer next Saturday. NJ Archery season opens Sept13th.

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot reapers for a handful of years, they are a great head

if the broadhead is sharp, flys good out of your bow, it will take a deer down. don't over think a broadhead, simple ones have worked for many years.

0-rings hahahahahaha
thats funny