Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowdacious reporting in sir.......

Sorry - but it seems I have to post to see the latest posts
Me two.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL
Old 10-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with wolfen, that at this point in time all is lost. If this was a joke it was in bad taste and credibility takes a big hit. If not a joke, credibility is lost. The longer this goes the less it matters.

And fwiw, I had to post to see replies as well.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:39 AM

First of all I want to point out 2 things.

1. I have been reading this board for quite a while.
2. I do not often feel compelled to post.

I enjoy reading what most members have to say. When I read the beginning of this thread I was not quite sure what to think. For someone to talk about losing those animals like it was no big deal and then to say what a great hunt it was. I got mad. I still am. Sure most of us have had the unfortunate time where we may have lost an animal we have shot with a bow or a gun. I have. I am ashamed of it. It doesn' t reflect well on me or my fellow hunters. I want to give Bowdacious some perspective.

I hunted with a rifle for many years but I have not been bow hunting long. I purchased my bow in the winter of 2001. I spent all winter and spring shooting as often as I could. I was getting pretty good. Shooting good groups out to 30 yards with broad heads. I felt confident that when fall rolled around I would be ready. Then in June of last year it started raining. Unfortunately it didn' t stop until over 15 inches had fallen. My property and business were flooded and wiped out. Thankfully my home was safe. I was lucky.

http://www.willowgrovefarm.com/flood.htm

Fall hunting was looking bleak. I would have to spend all my time and money I didn' t have trying to rebuild. Then July came calling. Things were looking up. I was making good progress getting things rebuilt. On July 28 a careless driver decided to ignore a stop sign and hit be broadside. I was nearly killed, but again I was lucky. I survived with only two broken legs.

Http://www.willowgrovefarm.com/crash.htm

I was beginning to wonder if maybe someone didn' t want me to bow hunt. However I was determined. After I got out of the hospital I continued to practice. My wife helped me and told me that if I wanted to bow hunt then we would find a way. Bless that woman for being more than I deserve. By October I was down to only one cast and could walk with a crutch. By the third week of October I figured it was time to figure out how to get myself into a tree despite my wife' s protests. So I did. After hunting a couple of times I actually was presented with an opportunity at a nice 6 point buck. I made a poor shot. I hit him too far back. Maybe I was too excited. Maybe I wasn' t ready. Regardless, it happened. I spent the next three days crawling and crutching through the wood until I found that buck. It was warm and the meat was no good. It smelled so bad that I couldn' t gut it. That is a first for me after gutting well over 30 deer. So I did the only thing I could do. I tagged it and went home. I tagged and registered that deer despite the fact that I would not be able to enjoy a meal from it. I didn' t tell anyone about it. I am not proud of what happened.

That incident tore me up. It still bothers me. I don' t blame the arrows. I don' t blame the broad heads. I blame me.

This weekend I am going to hunt again for the first time since last year. I have another year of practice under my belt. I feel confident. However, if something does go wrong and I make a bad shot I will continue to hunt that deer until I find it. However long it takes. If anyone is still reading I am sorry for the length of this post.

Bowdacious, I am not even going to bother saying that what you posted is wrong in so many ways. Most of us are sorry that there are three wounded animals out there. Apparently we feel worse about it than you do.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOWDACIUOS must still be out looking for those wounded animals. At least we can hope so. Now that' s is giving your all. Looking for 3 straght days. I hope he took some food and water and didn' t get lost[]
Old 10-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, good luck this season NorthernMN, and make sure you post the pictures of it(get compelled!). It will be a trophy well deserved!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:00 PM

What' s it going to take to get Bow to respond and tell us the rest of the story?
Old 10-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck NorthenMN, congrats on sticking it out and tracking that buck for 3 days. Hope to see a picture of your harvest this year.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:04 PM

Amen NorthernMN.....

Old 10-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well now, I' ve been busy the last couple days and come back and find this. What a crock of s#$@. And to make matters worse he disappears AGAIN. All of a sudden he reappeared after about a two year absence and is instantly made a mod. Maybe he will just fade away again. If you don' t like it you can have my resignation. This is not only embarresing but downright shameful weather true or not. Comes a time when I have to speak my mind moderator or not and this is one of those times. Reminds me of another moderator that went bad.[:' (]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.