Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowdacious reporting in sir.......

I don' t usually post on these types of threads, I like saving my few posts for congrats threads, but thought I' d throw my 2 cents in.

When I first read the post, I looked at the screen funny. " How could Bow have the best hunt ever when he watched the elk run off with the arrow in him?" " How can he sound so positive about the management hunt when his wife and daughter had to suffer the terrible feeling of losing an animal?"

I can' t answer these questions, only Bow and his family can. I know there is so much more to the story, so I' ll wait till you log back in and answer the questions here before making judgement. Even as a moderator here, I' ve been chewed a new one after losing a grizzly bear, and have a good idea at how Bow will feel when he logs back on and reads through this thread.

I hope to hear some resolve of this issue, but it has blown up without him even explaining. I think it' s time to lay it to rest, and see if he cares to explain after all this.

He sure had made alot of positive, ethical and moral posts when he came back after his hiatus, wonder if he really meant them?

Come on Bow, log back on and step up to the plate. I like to try and give everybody the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go back and read the post again, try to look at it without judging. While it may sound a little crass, I think its a real post and brutally honest - some of you are ready to tar and feather the poor guy - when he seems to see only the best parts of a hunt that was not the BEST.

When reading it again, I feel Bowdacious' frustration, in his hunt, his wife' s and daughter' s hunt - I Truly hope he was able to take away some good memories as well - I think he did - and was trying to share a little with us.

In his elk hunt, His only chance was late in the hunt, on a messed up opprutunity - that he ended up hitting the elk with a very high, non-lethal hit (anything above the spine on an elk with a bow might as well be a miss). Would he like to have the shot back ........ I' m betting YES!! Was there anything UNETHICAL about the hunt - NO. But maybe too many guys in one spot. Did he muff the Shot - YES - Should he be tarred - NO - Maybe some of you think you' ll never F***U* - and maybe you won' t - but if you do - you' ll maybe understand the feeling a little better. Did the Elk die from the wound - I Doubt it - highly.

Its not like he was road hunting, illegally tagging, taking head shots, or other non-sportsmanlike stuff - get a grip guys!

As far as the Wife & Daughter - I REALLY give them credit for giving it a go - lord knows my wife wouldn' t even think about it. Maybe they are not 100% ready - but - Stuff happens - shots get muffed, people miss, some animals get wounded - as well as taken cleanly. Thats HUNTING - its not 100% clean kills, or always Politically Correct (nor should it be in my opinion) no matter how hard some would like to make it so.

In closing - Don' t be so quick to judge. BOWDACIOUS - I' m glad you were able to focus on the good parts of the hunt(s) you had. Thanks for sharing.

Oh - by the way.............if you are f' ing with us - I' m going to be pis*sed for going out on a limb to defend you - when no one else seems to want to..........

Old 10-09-2003, 10:09 PM

MAN THIS SUCKS. I CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.[][:@][>:][:' (][][X(][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][:@][][:' (][>:][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(].

GO DEEP HUNT HARD.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:29 AM

Farm...It' s big of you to take up for BOW at this point but he put himself in this position. Not anyone else on this board...HIM. I haven' t posted to this thread in a couple days now because my earlier attempt' s to get a rise out of him have failed. He put this stuff out there and just left us all hanging. Don' t put it on the board at all if you aren' t going to check back in to see where it went. Especially on a post like this. I can' t imagine he would think that no one would respond to this one. I am just looking for some closure on this. I have been for days now. The sad part is...When (if?) he reads all this will he even know how to address it? If he was so excited about the hunt and had to tell us something to get it off his chest, then why not write a post saying that it was a great hunt, he didn' t get a bull and details will follow. But don' t leave us hanging like this for goodness sakes.

Doesn' t anyone know this guys phone number? I feel it is the mods responsibility at this point to get a hold of BOW so he can end this thing. We can' t make him respond, but the mods may be able to. As a mod he has a higher level of responsibility to this board than the rest of us and he is failing miserably in that regard. This is not to flame all mods...Far from it. But you guys hold the ultimate power where this is concerned.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

So RACK... since I have a few hundred more post than you.... does that mean I disobey my mother more than you or am I just an old fart.
David you are simply an old fart! I have a few thousand more post than you, I guess that means I killed my mother![]

NorthernMN the story you told was a true story of what an ethical hunter is all about, if you ever are in Va. I would be honored to have a man of your morale character hunt, fish or simply break bread with me. BTW when I first started on this board I typed horribly slow, as you can see by the number of post I have, and I have probably lost 5,000 post over my time here, my typing speed has increased dramatically.

In regards to whipping this dead horse further.......well I think I will now sit back and wait.

Old 10-10-2003, 07:05 AM

farm hunter, I think you may be right. Maybe he didn' t word his post to everyone' s satifaction, but he hardly did anything unethical, unless it' s unethical to miss your spot. He didn' t give any details, so we don' t know what happened after he shot. He may be guilty of having a case of " buck fever" , and of being a little too honest for most people, but I' m sure 10 feet was within his " range" . We also don' t know what happened with the does. I certainly can' t judge these women without the details. Beginners will often struggle and I expect it would be no different for them.

Hunting is a learning process. We do not all start out as experts, and no matter how experienced, things can go wrong. He wasn' t just flinging arrows, and we don' t know what happened with the tracking. He may be guilty of not using enough tact in his post, or of not giving us the detail that we' d like. I think most are angry that he didn' t sound upset. Once again, not being as upset as we' d like, is no crime.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

he ended up hitting the elk with a very high, non-lethal hit (anything above the spine on an elk with a bow might as well be a miss
We don' t know that for a fact. He said he hit it high, but he doesn' t say above or below the spine. SO, was a lethal hit, only BOWDACIOUS can tell us for sure, that is if he hasn' t abondoned us all.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeez, I would hope that a hit above the spine at that yardage would have been a pass through.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:36 AM

Still no answer?
Old 10-10-2003, 11:45 AM

I guess the powers to be have this fox back into the chicken coop.

In many ways I don' t even want to see the conclusion of this.

I do hope it ends better than it started.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.