Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowdacious reporting in sir.......

Some people on these forums talk about stuff they know...then there is people like you that talk out their @$$.
But you can count on my breath always smelling the same that way.[:-] I didn' t realize I was so predictable and unknowing. You would think in all my years of bowhunting I would have learned something.

If you want to know the truth, I think I' m better then just about anyone.
Heh heh heh... OK, whatever you say. Those two quote of yours certainly did add a lot to this thread that I never could have come up with.[:-][&:]
Old 10-09-2003, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some people on these forums talk about stuff they know...then there is people like you that talk out their @$$. Congrat' s on bringing nothing to this post.
There are also people on this forum that no matter how many people tell them they took a very low percentage shot, insist that it is not a low percentage shot because it worked one time for them.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

While some may flame others for losing an animal, most here try to use their experience in helping educate a newer hunter. That is what should be remembered by a young hunter. Take the good with the bad and pick out what is useful.

As far as not flaming a moderator.........seems like their is plenty of flaming going on in this thread. We all want the lowdown, hopefully we will get a response soon.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:49 AM
Dominant Buck

OK, we can now lock the thread.[]
Old 10-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

At this point, any intended alterior motive for the purpose of any good has vanished. After 3 days and 3 pages of posts, most members probably have read the initial post of this thread and the damage is done...either way, it' s a loser IMO.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people come to the post about wounding game and offer suggestions on recovery, and what should have happened to prevent the bad shot....some people are stubborn and have their own set of belief' s, and the suggestions go in one ear and right out the other.

Other people(like myself), listen to the post of the people offering help, and use that advice in future hunts. There is a big differnce betweening offering help, and saying, these posts make me sick. Your a bad hunter. Blah Blah blah.

If you don' t have sympathy for someone that made a bad shot, or if you don' t have any help to offer...why make a post in the first place? Really, what is the point? I have never flamed on anyone, until this post.

Usually I offer help, or offer sympathy to someone who makes a bad shot. Then here comes a flood of posts about how it makes certain people sick to their stomach. Well maybe you should be sick to your stomach to yourself, and not share pointless stuff like that to someone who probaly already feels bad for losing the animal in the first place.

And the whole reason this post started was because a Moderator had three wounded animals with no recoveries and thought it was a awesome hunt....and no one said a word about it until I riled everyone up. I hold no one above myself, but some people post the dumbest crap I have ever seen.

I don' t claim to be the best, I don' t claim that I' m perfect, but putting down new people to the forums and not to long time members is completely stupid, and you can bet the farm that I' m going to voice my opinion on it.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

....and no one said a word about it until I riled everyone up.
High Country Brute Force....don' t give yourself that much credit. Seriously.

We might be Moderators, big deal.....we can read and we are caring hunters above all else, and from what I' ve seen over the 4 yrs I' ve been a member , these guys will hold EVERYONE to whatever standards they hold as men/women and ethical hunters.

I don' t care WHO YOU ARE(I don' t care if you are my mother ), if I see a post like that you are getting some flak from me, PERIOD. I am still awaiting a response just like the rest of you.
I would have been the FIRST person to respond if I had seen this sooner, and I doubt it has been any different for the other Moderators who have chimed in. Remember it' s hunting season.......I' ve been away from a computer for 4 days.

And the next however many posts had better stay somewhat civil given the cirumstances and personal attacks aren' t going to help. (That' s not directed at you HCBF)
Old 10-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m gonna state this but I' m not lookin for any heat. I posted just the other day and recieved quite a bit of heat about my opinion. I was condoning a shot angle that had worked for me " numerous" times without negative results (no lost deer) and others didn' t agree with my point of view. After some heated discussion we ended on a compromise, with no hard feelings. I' ve gotta admit that it bothered me that I had always thought this shot was a high percentage shot and didn' t realize the way others felt about it. Without the certain bit of heat that I took, I might not have realized the shot might not be as high percentage as I had always thought. The point I' m trying to make here is that we are all striving to be better more ethical hunters. That' s why were all on this site,...to share information and stories of our past hunts as well as to gain valuable knowledge that we can apply in future hunts. Moderators and Newbies alike should be let know if something they do is wrong and all should be treated the same. If your gonna hammer a newbie about something he did wrong, you' ve gotta hammer the moderator just the same. Be fair but don' t beat a dead horse.

By the way, to those who gave me my reeming, I appreciate it. I' m kinda stubborn and set in my ways. Sometimes it takes a little constructive criticism to get me to understand.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:09 AM

Sorry - but it seems I have to post to see the latest posts
Old 10-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

By the way, to those who gave me my reeming, I appreciate it. I' m kinda stubborn and set in my ways. Sometimes it takes a little constructive criticism to get me to understand.
Ahh, that was just a friendly conversation.

Now where' s that Bowdacious???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.