Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 losing deer/pass through?????? >

losing deer/pass through??????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

losing deer/pass through??????

Old 10-06-2003, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: losing deer/pass through??????

May I suggest buying golf clubs instead.
Its not the broadheads. The shots weren' t as good as you think, you may be pushing too quickly after the deer, or you just may need someone more experienced to track them. What ever it is please figure it out soon. 2 deer in this short of time is inexcuseable.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:13 PM

wmip, golf i dont think so ,, mabe my hit wasnt that good , maybe it was to much forward as i replay it in my mind today

ps i wish we all could be as great of a bowhunter as yourself whats it like not to ever lose a deer in your life ,,,,, and for your info these are the first 2 animals i lost in 23 years of hunting and i have 2 pope and youngs to my creidt so get off my ass mirster willam tell NOT
Old 10-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Most people who try and watch the arrow hit the deer will cause the shot to hit off the mark. You can learn alot about the arrow placement by watching the body posture of the deer and listening to the sound of the impact. Running flat out with a body low posture will mean a hit in the vitals. As for the sound a dull hollow sound will mean pay dirt while no sound will mean a hit to no mans land. A loud crack indicates bone. LOL. Lost a nice hog today with plenty of blood. Got into the swamp. Still sick about that.