Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TONIGHTS BUCK  !!!!!! PIC!!!! >

TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

Old 10-04-2003, 05:30 PM

Default TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

Here is the pic.........

I passed up the little 8 point on the left. hahaha and you guys thought that I shot one of the big bucks He was the only deer I saw today. The weather stunk, this morning was raining, very windy, and cold. The deer were bedded on a hillside next to the funnel I was in, but, they weren' t moving.

This evening was cold and windy. No rain though. I got in stand at 3:00 and sat, freezing my butt off. About 15 minutes before last light, I heard a noise behind me. I thought that it was a dang squirrel that had been dropping nuts out of a tree all evening, so, I didn' t even turn around. Then, I heard grunting and the adrenaline started pumping. I slowly turned and saw that little 8 point comming up a trail that went right beside the tree I was in. I saw him and frooze. He got right beside the tree I was in, no more than 6 inches away. He stopped and started lip curling (I had a little Tinks 69 gel out). He stood there for about 10 minutes grunting and lip curling, then, finally walked over to where I had put the Tinks. He stopped broadside at a whopping 16 yards, but, I let him go. That 12 point is the buck I am after, plus, that 8 point is young and has some good potential.

Not a great day deer wise, but, I got to get in the woods with my bow and see one deer, and a nice little buck at that.

So, how did you guys do?
Old 10-04-2003, 05:41 PM

Default RE: TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

same weather got really cold dismorning. also went back out @ 3 seen nothing
Old 10-04-2003, 05:48 PM

good thing yu let em go next year
youll have a goodin on your hands
good huntin
Old 10-04-2003, 05:53 PM

Well, this gal didn' t do so well but I saw a lot of deer.
It was freezing, windy and wet this morning I don' t know how I made it til 10 a.m. Glad I wasn' t in a tree!
I seen a total of twelve deer, at least four were bucks (three shooters). I missed a doe and a buck because of twigs! The doe caught me off guard as I was headed to my evening spot. She just popped up over a hill and headed towards me. I ducked behind a tree and let the arrow fly when I thought I had the shot. I knew I missed her and found the arrow about ten feet to the left from where the doe was. Then as I figured I would make my way back about a half hour before dark I was walking the ridge and spied a deer down over the hill. I could see it had a decent rack. I backtracked and made my way down the hill to intercept it. Somehow I made it without spooking the deer. I found a nice tree with a stump beside it and waited. Sure enough through the trees I see antlers heading my way. I got into position to see a very nice 8 (or more) coming right at me. He got so close that I could see the bumps on the antlers. Then I see another smaller 8 point following. I drew the bow and waited for big 8 to pass the tree. Nothing! So I look to see he has started making his way up the hill instead of across. I thought I would try the small 8 but he was behind saplings. I went and aimed again at big 8 and waited for a clear shot. Finally I had one small opening and let it fly. All I saw was two deer run off while my arrow clanked and banged a couple times. I figured I didn' t hit the deer so I made my way to where I shot. I could see my arrow right there on the ground. I bent down to pick it up and all that was there was the part of the arrow with the vanes. Right next to it was my Muzzy with no arrow. The shaft of the arrow was nowhere to be found! I looked back to where I shot from and could see one small sapling in the way. I can' t believe that sapling could break my arrow at the vane and remove the Muzzy completely from the arrow!! Why can' t the deer come around when I am set up waiting for them??? Even though I have no deer to show I had a great time. Can' t wait until next week.
Sorry to ramble.....
Please let us know how your day was...
Old 10-04-2003, 06:18 PM

morning was rainy and two of us saw nothing....this afternoon was a little better even though penn state lost. tried a different spot that looked good before. watched squirrels and chipmunks from 4-715. so i lowered down my bow and my luck it bounces hard off the ground(a trip to the range tommorrow is a must now). how can it get worse from there? how about 2 nice doe come trotting by with my bow on the ground and then i think a small button buck was chasing him and grunting. what is with all this buck grunting already? has the weather turned on the pre-rut for these bucks already?
Old 10-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

awesome pic, thanks. congrats on letting them grow up!
Old 10-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish the place I hunted had that good of genetics. I have only ever seen one big buck. That would be a huge buck for where I hunt.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That 12 pt is a nice looking buck. He' d make a nice wall hanger.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:02 PM

Awesome pics

Quick Reply: TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.