HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2003, 05:53 PM
PAhunterJEN

Default RE: TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

Well, this gal didn' t do so well but I saw a lot of deer.
It was freezing, windy and wet this morning I don' t know how I made it til 10 a.m. Glad I wasn' t in a tree!
I seen a total of twelve deer, at least four were bucks (three shooters). I missed a doe and a buck because of twigs! The doe caught me off guard as I was headed to my evening spot. She just popped up over a hill and headed towards me. I ducked behind a tree and let the arrow fly when I thought I had the shot. I knew I missed her and found the arrow about ten feet to the left from where the doe was. Then as I figured I would make my way back about a half hour before dark I was walking the ridge and spied a deer down over the hill. I could see it had a decent rack. I backtracked and made my way down the hill to intercept it. Somehow I made it without spooking the deer. I found a nice tree with a stump beside it and waited. Sure enough through the trees I see antlers heading my way. I got into position to see a very nice 8 (or more) coming right at me. He got so close that I could see the bumps on the antlers. Then I see another smaller 8 point following. I drew the bow and waited for big 8 to pass the tree. Nothing! So I look to see he has started making his way up the hill instead of across. I thought I would try the small 8 but he was behind saplings. I went and aimed again at big 8 and waited for a clear shot. Finally I had one small opening and let it fly. All I saw was two deer run off while my arrow clanked and banged a couple times. I figured I didn' t hit the deer so I made my way to where I shot. I could see my arrow right there on the ground. I bent down to pick it up and all that was there was the part of the arrow with the vanes. Right next to it was my Muzzy with no arrow. The shaft of the arrow was nowhere to be found! I looked back to where I shot from and could see one small sapling in the way. I can' t believe that sapling could break my arrow at the vane and remove the Muzzy completely from the arrow!! Why can' t the deer come around when I am set up waiting for them??? Even though I have no deer to show I had a great time. Can' t wait until next week.
Sorry to ramble.....
Please let us know how your day was...