HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Buck Magnet

Default TONIGHTS BUCK !!!!!! PIC!!!!

Here is the pic.........

I passed up the little 8 point on the left. hahaha and you guys thought that I shot one of the big bucks He was the only deer I saw today. The weather stunk, this morning was raining, very windy, and cold. The deer were bedded on a hillside next to the funnel I was in, but, they weren' t moving.

This evening was cold and windy. No rain though. I got in stand at 3:00 and sat, freezing my butt off. About 15 minutes before last light, I heard a noise behind me. I thought that it was a dang squirrel that had been dropping nuts out of a tree all evening, so, I didn' t even turn around. Then, I heard grunting and the adrenaline started pumping. I slowly turned and saw that little 8 point comming up a trail that went right beside the tree I was in. I saw him and frooze. He got right beside the tree I was in, no more than 6 inches away. He stopped and started lip curling (I had a little Tinks 69 gel out). He stood there for about 10 minutes grunting and lip curling, then, finally walked over to where I had put the Tinks. He stopped broadside at a whopping 16 yards, but, I let him go. That 12 point is the buck I am after, plus, that 8 point is young and has some good potential.

Not a great day deer wise, but, I got to get in the woods with my bow and see one deer, and a nice little buck at that.

So, how did you guys do?