Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow holster

Old 10-02-2003, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default bow holster

do any of you use the bow holster that goes on your belt and ties around your leg, it is one of the greatest things for bowhunting, i usually stand while in my tree stand and it makes is so nice because if i see deer moving i can just rest the bottom wheel of my bow in it and it takes all the weight off of my arm.. i would be lost without this simple and cheap aid....
Old 10-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Spike

Default RE: bow holster

I have been useing one for years, and am lost without it. I also stand most of the time when in my stand and it is nice to have your bow right in front of you without the stress of just standing there holding it.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Before they made them and even back in my recurve days I made little pockets out of camo material on the inside of leg just above the knee to hold the bow. I' ve used a holster for the past 15 years or so. I too spend a lot of time on my feet. Even when I sit I swing it around so it' s hanging inside my leg and sit with the bow in it and the string resting along my face and on my shoulder. Usually I have the release clipped on the loop too and my release arm resting across my right thigh. I can be up and shooting in a nano second.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is probably the handiest item other than my bow that I own![:-]
Old 10-02-2003, 08:07 PM

never heard of it. who makes it?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:54 AM

Not exactly on the same topic....but still on something to carry your bow.

I once saw an ad for a knapsack (camo) that can carry a bow on a person' s back. Anybody know the company' s name? Sometimes I need to walk quite a distance to my shooting area...bow in one hand, target in the other...would be nice to be able to strap it on a backpack/daypack.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:56 AM

I' ve tried them in the past, but I usually just stick my stabilizer in my front pocket and let the bow rest that way. However, most of time I leave my bow hanging until I see a deer I' m interested in getting a shot at.