Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you follow ALL hunting regulations? >

Do you follow ALL hunting regulations?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you follow ALL hunting regulations?

Old 10-02-2003, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you follow ALL hunting regulations?

This is my First year hunting bow, and Legally hunting deer. (Im 16) I started Deer hunting when i was 14... but Lots of people do that...
Old 10-02-2003, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Start and Stop times are a litte on the short side. I can still see ver well 30 minutes pos sunset, so I guess I push that one. I also bend the Flo orange rule on the military base I hunt during ML season. I wear it in and wear it out but as soon as I get 20' up a tree it comes off and goes in the pack. I still have quick access to it if I see someone coming. I will pull it out and wave it to get their attention.

Old 10-02-2003, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I believe myself to be an honest, ethical and responsible hunter.

How is that for an answer to your question?

I may go into politics in the future....

Old 10-02-2003, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I' m guilty of the time rule also, some of my stands take at least a hour to get to and I like to be in the stand 30 minutes before daylight so whats a guy to do.
Does anyone know where I can get a stealth flashlight
Old 10-02-2003, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ALL? nope, we' ll leave it at that.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Rac hunter you need a dark light!! yea Ct is sunset ever since that CO a few years ago got shot. There pretty hot on enforcement to if they can find ya. Worse with a gun since they can hear the shot and time it. A CO went sneeking up on a hunter after it was pretty dark. The court found the CO at fault NO ORANGE as he was required to have. Rhode Island last year a guy shot and killed his kid.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Besides my watch may not be set the same as Mr. game wardens or Joe hunter down the ridge so who' s watch is right?
here in Jersey Hunting time is a half hour before sunrise to a half hour after sunset. And the times are given in the Hunting Digest. Heck with the canopy overhead in early fall I can' t see the ground for 15 min. after and before shooting time. As far as bending the rules your not supposed to have a nocked arrow or loaded gun before shooting time,I must admit come shooting time I want to be ready, not trying to knock an arrow or listening to the action of the gun. Although the first and only time I loaded my gun during Pheasant season 5 min. before hand a game warden yelled and proceeded to come check my gun. fortunately I unloaded it on my way to him. Meanwhile you can hear people shooting else where 15 min before legal hours. I' ve had to let deer pass 20 min. ahead of time for fear people in the houses would complain. This while there was snow on the ground and the deer was clearly visible.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Spike

The open/closing times I would have to agree are the " gray areas"
Old 10-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

If the light is right I will admit I probably stretch it, there is one other I have actually broken a few times, I have killed a number of deer that crossed the property line after I shot them, not by far though, there has never been anyone else around and I have just grabbed the horns and drug him back over the line and field dressed them. Is it right? No, but I am not willing to leave a deer lay for possibly hours finding the neighboring land owner or a GW when in 30 seconds I can pull the deer back where I shot it and dress it. I have a feeling there are quite a few folks here who have done this.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I don' t know.... what are the rules/laws?

OK, so I take off my orange once I get in a tree when bowhunting during muzzleloader and firearms season. I may have fudged the shooting time a minute or two but I usually quit when I can' t see my pins clearly.

Quick Reply: Do you follow ALL hunting regulations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.