Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 " How often do you" >

" How often do you"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

" How often do you"

Old 09-28-2003, 06:45 PM

Default RE: " How often do you"

on my land here i see deer everyday hunting or not. when hunting usually at least a dozen come by but if i' m out at my uncles alfalfa i kid u not 20-30 easy. lots of does though. the odd one sneaks onto our garden and eats the peas or else jumps into the cattle pasture to sample a little of the salt and minera lblocks for the cattle. biggest sheds i ever found were in my own pasture.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Isee them the mojority of the time, gone 3 times this year and saw 4 deer 1st morning, 4 deer that afternoon and none the second morning but did have turkey all around me and I' m sure that if I could have stayed on stand another hour or so I would have seen deer.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lot of deer in my areas that I hunt, so I see deer almost everytime out.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Spike

I' d say I' m a 50 %er.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:21 AM

So far its one out of three times out. I would have to say early hot bowseason 3 out of 10 and a little better once the weather cools.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

80% weather its mornings or evenings, im very fortunate to have the private ground that i hunt. Take care of your hunting ground and it will take care of you.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:54 AM

Out of the 14 days I spent hunting deer in my stand,over the last two trips to Illinois/ Indiana..... I only remember one sitting I did not see ANY deer. I always see does....... Its the bucks Im looking for. I am blessed with a WONDERFUL place to hunt - a place that produces many huge deer on private property ... and I am very thankful I have this place to go.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I' d say maybe 7 or 8 out of ten times I see deer. I' m copnsidering a time out a morning hunt, or an afternoon hunt, so if I' m out all day, it would be two hunts. Last year it was proable more like 90%. But, if you ask how many times that I could have had a shot at deer, I would say maybe 1 or 2 out of ten.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:38 AM

I have my own 80 acres that I live on and hunt on. I see deer 95% of my sittings. Mostly, because I know the deers patterns like the back of my hands and my stands are in the right locations.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

If I hunt an area and don' t see deer after 3 hunts, I go to another area. I' m usually, that is usually, around 60-70% at the end of the season. I' ve been totaling up my sightings per hunt the last couple seasons and that' s where I' ve been.

You' ve got to take alot of things in mind when you ask that question on a board like this from guys all across the nation. A guy in Northern Maine is glad to see a couple deer PER SEASON, but a guy from Iowa or Illinois or wherever else might not be happy unless he sees deer every or every other hunt. Depends on your area man.

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.