Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 " How often do you" >

" How often do you"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

" How often do you"

Old 09-28-2003, 09:33 AM

Default RE: " How often do you"

I SEE deer 8 out of 10 times I go out. That doesn' t mean they get within range, or anything like that. I just enjoy the time outdoors. While I do everything in my power to be successful, it' s just a pleasure to see deer even if it' s only on the drive in to my areas. I don' t have to see them, or get a shot to feel it was a successful time afield. If I even see a deer, I' m happy. If I get a shot, well, that' s just icing on the cake!!!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Must be nice! Wish I would see deer 1/2 the time I go out. I may be overhunting
my area, but I only hit my good spot 2 times a week so I dont think I`m
overdoing it.
But I`d rather hunt and see nothing than sit on the couch!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:50 AM

I have seen deer every time i have gone out this year (i can only go on weekends) but most of the time they are too far away for a shot...thats gunna chsange once shotgun season opens though..... and i personally dont think you can over hunt an area, ive been hunting the same farm every weekend scince opener and the deer and skiddish but they dont change they' e habbits.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

and i personally dont think you can over hunt an area, ive been hunting the same farm every weekend scince opener and the deer and skiddish but they dont change they' e habbits.
Hunting the same area on just the weekends is not exactly overhunting. That would be more like moderate pressure on them.

I would say I see deer 8 out of 10 times on average. I can' t remember the last time I went 2 hunts in a row with out seeing any deer.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:12 AM

I have 4 or 5 areas to hunt in completely different places and try to not go to the same stand more than twice a week. If I saw deer 8 out of 10 times " in range or not" I would truly believe I was in heaven.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:11 PM

I have two tracks of land that I hunt about 40 to 50 miles apart. The one closest to my house (5 Miles) I see deer 90% of the time and most of that I can get a shot off. There is a large deer population by this property almost too many. Have no problem seeing 10 to 20 deer most of the time when I sit. Now the other track of land is the total opposite. Not a very big population of deer. I think the hunters out number them during rifle season. I love hunting here regardless because our camp is here and if a nice buck comes by it is usually a shooter. I think wolves have a lot to do with the population in this area.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Hunted 5 times so far seen deer 3 times ,shot 1 doe no bucks yet
Old 09-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve been out about 15 times this fall so far and have seen deer each time out. Most times I see less than 5 deer and 2 times I only saw deer as I was going to/from my stand. Other than those 2 deer, every one was within bow range. Only 1 of those presented me with a clean shot though.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:46 PM

all it depends on where i am hunting.....private land....about 8 out of 10....public land....like 3 out of ten
Old 09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

are you hunting over a planted field or baiting? i think this time of year deer movement is limited. if your just hunting over a trail in an area without a good food source i would wait till november to hunt those spots and find a new spot or bait the area your using. that mite increase sightings. the reason i say might is i have baited early in the season and had deer not even touch things till it got colder. i remember years ago in my normal hunting areas sitting over some well used trails rubs and scrapes. well they must have been used during the night or something cause i never seen much deer. find the does and the bucks will follow. more impotant find a food source. white acorn stands planted fields or bait. without food your just gambling on a travel area that the deer may only use from time to time. sounds like you have spent much time in your areas so it may be time to scout out some different spots. once you find a good travel area you will probably have better success. thats why some guys kill deer in the same spots every year. they found a honey hole that produces every year. now get out and find yours! by the way im still looking for mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.