Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new LX

Old 09-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Spike

Default new LX

Well I have had the new LX for a total of 2 days and have already shot it 18 hrs, i shot it for 11 hrs the first day w/ about a 45 min. break to eat and shot it today for about 7 hrs total, easiest bow to shoot ive ever owned, already shot it so much wore the tubing out on the peep. Speaking of the peep my pro-shop guy talked me into using the peep w/tubing, i have never liked them because of the noise they make at the shot, well i still dont, this bow would be dead quite except for tubing slap at the release.What peep can i use that can be served in and will not have strings in the way, a freind has one on his Hoyt that looks like a circle and is served above and below w/nothing to get in your way. I need a big hole in the peep as my eyes are not what they used to be, any suggestions greatly appreciated. This bow is awesomely accurate, at 26 yds its very easy to put 3 out of 4 arrows in a 2 in. dot and very easy to stack arrows out to 40 yds.Said I would never buy into the Mathews hype but its not all hype because they sure perform, glad i spent the money now. Im getting 266 fps w/28 1/4 in. blackhawck caa arrows-387 grs.Well GOOD HUNTING/DEAN
Old 09-23-2003, 06:04 AM

Default RE: new LX

Dean,My eyes are' nt what they used to be either.I have a Flecher Tru-Peep Hunter on my LX.If the hole isn' t big enough,you can drill it out to make it larger(thats what I did).Be careful not to drill it to big,and black out the bigger hole with flat black paint,because if you don' t,you will get a shiney" halo" inside the peep...Bob
Old 09-23-2003, 06:11 AM

I use a Fletcher Tru-peep " hunter" on mine. It is pretty large and can be served in....hard to explain ....but you don' t have to serve above and below it because it has a small track machined around it' s radius. A small piece of serving wrapped in/around the track will hold it in place and is hardly even noticeable. And your bow will definately be quieter and you' ll pick up about 7 fps with the change !! Good Luck !!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:23 AM

I have a tru peep on my Extreme VFT, best peep site ever in my opinion. Like CBM said you will pickup 7 fps doing away with the tube and you won' t have to worry about it breaking on you either.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get yourself a winners choice string and a 3/16 true peep .
Old 09-23-2003, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a " Shurz-a-peep" site on my bow. Works very well!! Like you, I don' t like the peep' s with the rubber tubing either!! Besides the noise factor, you have to take into consideration that if that rubber tube ever snaps off it could put out your eye!!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:11 PM
tm
Fork Horn

I use the Super Peep housing without the insert. A little bigger than the big Tru Peep which I also like. I' ve had my LX since April and no string or peep problems yet.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:21 PM

I an happy with my shurz-a-peep 2x2 magnum

Largest peep I have seen and with my WC strings she doesn' t move a bit.

Clear sight picture