Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!! >

Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 02:49 AM

Default RE: Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

no no germain i never said i agree with them moving overseas i also believe thats its wrong what i was upset about is the fact that people won' t buy something because somebody other then americans make it because being a manager of a hotel my housekeeping staff is 100% hispanic and let me tell you they work harder then anybody i' ve ever seen and the quality of their work is amazing so thats it
Old 09-25-2003, 03:28 AM

I think you guys are missing the point here. Lot' s of corporations may be greedy but the real issue here is the trade imbalance the powers at be allow to continue. As long as our beloved government allows countries like China to send in billions more dollars worth of merchandise than we export the problem will never end. If that makes me an isolationist, then so be it. I am not defending the corporations who move operations overseas, but you know what? They are just playing by the rules. There is no way we as Americans can compete with cheap labor overseas as long as we allow the current trade imbalance to exist. This also has nothing to do with which country has harder workers. That' s a bogus argument. In many sweatshops overseas the company will just get rid of you if there is even a hint that you may not be carrying your weight, and replace you with another clone making 2 bucks a day who is probably already standing outside waiting for his " big" chance. Conditions are so bad in many countries people will do anything for next to nothing just so they can feed their families, or try to. As far as boycotts...Sorry on that one too guys. They just don' t work period. Yeah, we can all give it a try but they end up failing for many reasons, chief among them that most people really don' t care and won' t support one. Even if we here on the BBS band together to make an impact our numbers are so small it ends up being insignificant. The other problem with boycotts...Just try going with the " I only buy American routine" and see where you are. You won' t be watching TV, or driving a car (even our beloved " American" cars have foreign made components in them), or listening to CD' s, or you name it. We are losing more and more manufacturing jobs in this country and there is no end in sight until the playing field is leveled out and we are not taking in billions more in goods than we ship out.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back from BassPro, and according to them, they DO NOT own the API stands.
Charlie
Old 09-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Lone Wolf is made right here in the good Ol'
U S of A !!!
Old 09-25-2003, 04:49 PM

So is Summit ! I wish they made a ladder stand .
I do own a ladder stand made in Taiwan. I didn' t know that when I
ordered it.
Jimmymac covered the issue well. Buerocrats suck.
We were sold out years ago by President Bush (Sr.) when he signed the Free
Trade Agreement. Since then the imbalance tilted steeper towards our borders.
Aren' t we sick of voting for the " lesser of two evils" ?

My 2 cents !
Old 09-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-26-2003, 03:46 AM

Roman, I' m with you on the lesser of two evils crap. Most of these guys are career politicians and their main concern is how to get re-elected. Term limits would go along way towards rectifying the apathy among our elected officials. They may actually start working for us again...You know, like their supposed to. I won' t hold my breath on this one either. Makes me feel pretty helpless sometimes.