Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WOW what a huge Buck!!!!!!! >

WOW what a huge Buck!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOW what a huge Buck!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default WOW what a huge Buck!!!!!!!

It must be.I did not get a eyeball on it yet ,but the signs it is leaving is incredible.
The area is a flat high area right off a wet land and swamp. It is very thick with 50 % old cedar trees and small hardwoods and a tangled mess of grape vines and ivy. I came upon a cow path size trail thru the cedars. Went about forty yards down the trail and came upon some 8 inch tracks.And it aint real soft or wet on the flat. Then I seen a scrape 10 foot across and the licking branches were 6 foot high. And the scrape smelled like tinks 69. The poop pellets was the size of quarters and there was a huge chuck of poop the size of a softball. He got to have a big butt hole to pass that huge hunk. Then I Moved another 10 yards down the trail and there was a cedar the size of a electric pole all rubbed up. And 18 inches behind the cedar was a small hardwood tree that had the impression of the bucks antler tips scared in it. Must be a allful high rack. It is very thick ,so I built a ground blind with cedar branches. I found a fallen down cedar which gave me a good start. I' m about 15 yards off the trail. When I seen all that amazing sign I got excited and that takes alot at my age.I felt heat flashes then chills. OH I' d like to see this monster. Does it sound like a wall hanger in your estimation???????

OH I forgot to say this is a 2000 acre track that has been closed to huntng the past 30 plus years. But it is known that people sneak in,but when you hiding from a security patrolman you can' t really hunt properly. I had to pay 130.. to hunt there for bow only. And i' m sharing it with 25 people.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WOW what a huge Buck!!!!!!!

hey there cardeer....good luck man..i hope ya get him...i' d probly pass out before i could get a shot off at a deer that big...u sure it ain' t a elk?....sure sounds like it

well good luck man
Old 09-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

No elk this is only 50 miles northwest from Philly PA. Now Pa does have elk up in northwestern Pa..
Old 09-24-2003, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

hey not to be mean or anything but i live about 250 miles south of the most southern moose in minnesota...and like 10 years ago there was a big bull moose wandering around down here....so it could be an elk....do u have moose?????
Old 09-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

8 inch tracks? Hey to break it to you but that ain' t no Whitetail.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well Al I know that is a deer track I have been hunting 55 years shot 179 buck and it is a whitetail. I seen tracks in Iowa almost that big before. I seen tracks near that size 4 years ago and shot the deer and it weighed 266 lbs was a nontypical 16 Pt. I live 1/4 mile down the road from the area and it is a suburban area and if there were elk or moose around people would know. It is 2000 acres in the middle of the philly suburbs surrouned by homes. And was not hunted in over 30 years.Tonight I seen 57 doe in a 40 acre hay field and not one buck.Some of the doe looked like mules
Old 09-24-2003, 05:51 PM

if it is true that it is a biggin. make sure that you where your cardeer necklace.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:10 PM

If this deer craps the size of a softball and tore up a cedar tree very think and you set up a ground blind with cedars all around it you BE CRAZY id be 35 ft up in the air with a climbin stand be shootin him with a 7mm ILL take em out for ya that ol' 270 or that muzzy will stun him for a while.
I think i read about THE WOOLY BUCK UP THERE SOMEWHERE I HEARD HES A MAN EATIN FREAK THAT DONT LIKE PEOPLE IN GROUND BLINDS. just kid' n i wish i was you

Lets watch the name calling.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

WATCH THE NAME CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardeer, good luck hunting this monster you have scouted out. I bet just seeing this bad boy will make you feel successful and if and when you are lucky enough to take him remember lots and lots of pics!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get him Cardeer
Happy Hunting .....You deserve a good season

Quick Reply: WOW what a huge Buck!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.