Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!! >

Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Old 09-22-2003, 10:27 PM

Default RE: Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Thanks for all the replies. It' s nice to see that I am not the only one who feels this way!!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:45 PM

I wouldn' t buy another API stand even if my dad was making them. I have a baby grand that wobbles so bad I don' t feel safe standing up in the thing. Check out Lone Wolf, quality stands made in the USA.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:54 PM

Hankfan-
Looking forward to you posting some Southern WV bruisers soon....good mast might make it tricky for us!

I support you through and through....be American, buy American! Besides that...go Summit, they are pure quality.

Hell Hankfan...if you want to go even further, you could buy WV and get yourself a CSS bow like I did!

Good luck on the 18th.....look forward to seeing some pics from your neck of the woods!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

In addition to silnetly boycotting them--which they' d never know--write them a letter detailing why you are returning these stands and won' t buy any more. If enough people did this, maybe some companies would think twice before doing the same thing.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:12 AM

I had a pair of LaCrosse burlys for years and I love them, I think they were made in Wisconsin. Last year I ordered LaCrosse diamondback snake boots and I was disgusted when they had a Made in China sticker.[:@]
Old 09-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe I am wrong but it was my understanding that you could no longer buy API stands even if you wanted to....unless you bought them from Cabelas or Bass Pro. The local shop owner told me that someone bought out everything that went along with the API name but that new company was not going to be producing treestands anymore.

Anyone care to verify this?
Old 09-23-2003, 04:46 PM

you know this post really really really made me mad. this is only directed at the people that won' t buy another stand thats not made in america because they dont' feel safe in something from another country you people are sick those people work their asses off just to make enough money for their family they will probably work harder then any overweight probably on drugs mcdonalds fed american anyday so next time you think about the quality of american made things think again. now i don' t agree with corporations moving their stuff to other countries to take advantage of those people and thats why i would not buy something like that but don' t say its because you dont' feel safe thats just ridicolus
Old 09-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

FOR THE RECORD......

API is/was owned by Outland Sports, who bought out Paul Meeks the org. inventor of API. Outland also owned Lohman, Fealther Flex, Blueridge, Big River calls and another company or two. Outland went out of business and took all those companies down the tube. Right now they are in the process of being bought out.

Bass Pro and Cabelas got together and leased the name and patents for API and THEY started having the stands made over seas. So if you have a gripe, blame those two companies for selling out to cheap labor. At this point Outland nor the now defunct API can be blamed for the quality of their stands since Bass Pro and Cabelas are the companies that are actually maketing the stands. If Outland is bought out as they are supposed to be, this could all change in the near future.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hankfan, I totally agree and am known around work as they guy who tries to buy only US. It' s hard to do and sometimes there' s no other choice than to buy foreign, but I try my best. I don' t understand how people can complain about low unemployment and then make NO effort to support the companies that haven' t packed up and split- Like Levi' s did. Laid off 5000 employees and set up shop overseas.

Get this, last week I went to buy an electric smoker my co-worker had been raving about. I go to Wally world and find the one recommended.
Brinkmann- couldn' t find anywhere on the box where it was made, so I opened it up and found the buried owners manual- still no " made in..." , So I write down the # and call them. They said their vertical pits are made in Louisiana and the horizontals in Tennessee (I think). I asked them if they made it in the USA, then why not put it on the box??? no reply.
When I assembled it today I did have to peel a " made in China" [X(] sticker off of the two wire grills and the water pan.

As a country we better watch out and not piss off the Chinese. If they ever get mad at us and stop sending us our shoes, we' ll be barefooted in no time[].
Old 09-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually adam if you buy the products overseas you' re just making a rich greedy corporation richer.They move to boost their profits because they don' t want to pay Americans a fair days wage.They do have the right to move,but we do have the right to boycott.

Quick Reply: Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.