Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

chigger swamp

Old 09-21-2003, 08:21 PM

Default chigger swamp

i found out when i was scouting that i have a chigger swamp. there is wet spot that i have to travel to get to my stand . i will fix them little boogers i will where rubber boots and i will spray my pants with scent shield no stinkin bugs. the spray better not scare the deer away. and it better work. them chiggers tore me up last i was there . there ain' t no other way to get around them. but cold whether will be here soon. they will die.

go deep hunt hard.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: chigger swamp

I hear ya about them chiggers. I have gotten killed the last two times out in the field. I use the 95% deet spray and it works great but the price is steep. If it wasn' t for the chiggers I would love hunting the early season. I have those little red bumps all over my legs around my ankles. [:@] But they wont stop me.

Brian
Old 09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve seen the little buggers everywhere, but i don' t think i' ve ever been bit by one. *knock on wood*.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:56 PM

bought some of that " no stinkin bugs" today, anybody have any experience with this stuff. I hate to go through all the trouble being scent free then spraying bugspray.....kinda defeats the purpose of all that work
Old 09-22-2003, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, I heard this past weekend that the " No stinkin' bugs" works great! I am going to try it this weekend
Old 09-22-2003, 04:01 AM

I have those little red bumps all over my legs around my ankles.

Evidently you didn' t get into the one that like to migrate. Down here in the South, they like to hang out around the thickets. Most of the time they will start out around your ankles then begin to migrate up your legs to the party spot. It Aint Fun.

A good, hot clorox bath will help to get rid of the little buggers.