Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chigger relief

Old 08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Spike

Default Chigger relief

ok guys, i need to hear all the home remedies to relieve or get rid of chiggers! i got them pretty bad putting up game cams last week!!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chigger relief

Alcohol! Soap!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

If you know anybody with a well chlorinated pool, hit them up for a dip, solid deodorant will also relieve the urge to itch
Old 08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I'm guessing by now you've scratched the bojangles out of yourself. Its a great time to mix a little bleach in the bathwater and have a good soak. A couple baths with bleach and you'll be good as new. I dont know if its toxic to your body or anything, but I know it works.

best advice...dont get em. Deet spray on body. Permanone spray on clothes.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Put a cup of bleach in your tub and sit for five minutes, then take a shower.... Bye, Bye, Chiggers.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bleach baths and cortisone cream. An over the counter antihistamine like Benadryl will help with the itchies, especially at night when they're driving you mad while you're trying to go to sleep.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:00 PM

hydrocortizon salve (not sure i spelled that right) Calime lotions, Benadyl tabs. Use just about anything good for itch relief. me and the wife got them bad a week ago picking berries. we used hydrocortizon salve with good results.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you guys serious about the bleach baths??? I don't know about you, but a couple of sensitive areas come to mind....I'm sitting here cringing...

I rub down with rubbing alcohol and put clear fingernail polish on them, this suffocates them...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the nail polish...it helps to keep from itching and helps smoother the little SOB's. [:@]

We bought some of the white colored chigger cream and it doesn't help much.Another old time remedy in wiping a rag in coal oil and rubbing on the bites,I'm sure thats gonna burn like the bleach though. [:'(]
Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

I just soak a washcloth with bleach, rub the effected ares to scratch the skin, then put the bleach to it. After they are dead, about ten minutes, put some Gold Bond medicated cream on the itchy spots. Works every time and fast releife, the cream does wonders for tic bites also.

Quick Reply: Chigger relief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.