Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Harvested a doe tonight.... (updated w\pict.) >

Harvested a doe tonight.... (updated w\pict.)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Harvested a doe tonight.... (updated w\pict.)

Old 09-14-2003, 09:54 PM

Default Harvested a doe tonight.... (updated w\pict.)

Well I didn' t see anything all weekend until tonight. My main stand I wanted to hunt I couldn' t cuz the wind wasn' t right. So I set up on a bean field with a water hole to my right. The wind was perfect and at 18:25 she showed up about 50 yards away. Shortly after that another doe came out. They finally worked there way towards me and wouldn' t you know it they cut into the woods to that watering hole. I had a good shot to it but my boots had mud on them and if I moved it feel through the stand, so every time she moved in the water I would move a little. Finally she turned broadside at about 15 yards and with my heart pounding I drew and she didn' t budge she just kept on eating the grass, zing I let the arrow fly,,,,,,,,,,thud right in the mud behind her. I was so excited I pulled the trigger way to early. She took off and I grunted a few times right away cuz the other doe was slowy walking off. Disgusted with myself I was ready to get down. Unknocked my arrow set the bow down and took my saftey harnest belt off and just about to step down I hear something walking in the beans. Sure enough it was the other doe coming right at me at about 40 yards. She was looking for the other doe non-stop and trying to wind scent. She ended up about 8 yards broadside of me but I couldn' t draw, then she turned to walk right under my tree so I drew and she jumped and like an idiot in the excitment I let the arrow go. Thank god it was a clean miss. [:' (] As soon as she jolted I grunted with my mouth as I was reaching for another arrow. She stopped at 25 yards away and started to head my way. At that time I all ready was at full draw and I told my self take a deep breathe relax and squeeze the trigger and follow through. As I was saying that in my head the arrow was in flight and made contact where I had my pin.... What a relief, she expired about 35 yards from the hit. I learned two lessons tonight. Relax when the shot comes and don' t take bad shots under the excitement. I was so glad I missed her when she jumped. Anyways I am excited to cook up the tender loins tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:59 PM

Default RE: Harvested a doe tonight....

Congrads Buzz-boy

Thats why we use quivers.

Good luck rest of season.

Old 09-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first of the season.

LMAO, you are lucky to have gotten 3 opportunities.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:05 PM

Congratulations on your doe!
I think we all know what the nerves can do to you. I missed my opportunity last year when I was so nervouse at the sight of a huge buck that I shook my arrow right off the rest! I' ve since learned to take deep breaths and concentrate on the shot. But then how can you not be excited!!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:08 PM

Thats what I love about bowhunting. You don' t get that kind of rush from gun hunting. At least I don' t anyways. I won' t be able to sleep tonight. Still excited.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 09-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on the doe Buzz_boy, not only did you get a doe, but you learned some important lessons for the future!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations and don' t think that you are the first one to get " doe fever" ...
Old 09-15-2003, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Buzz! Nothing can beat it!!! Nice job!
Old 09-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Harvested a doe tonight.... (updated w\pict.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.