Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
2012-2013 Season Success Pictures >

2012-2013 Season Success Pictures

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2012-2013 Season Success Pictures

Old 11-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

no monster but after 3 hard years of no real hunting spots this nice albeit young 8pnt came in at sunset within 20yrds, good ice breaker. nice to actually hunt on the nursery in Nov with out the Nuscense (spelling permit to shoot deer that cause damage to plants) hopefully next year DEC stops the permit again. what a diff one month makes w/o permit. now to get my food plot bigger and better for next year and see if I can find a larger/older buck. hard to manage deer here with all the road kills and over abundance of bowhunters.. 20yrd shot,grim reaper 100 grain, 68lbs Mathews Heli... wont let me attach photo...
Attached Thumbnails 2012-2013 Season Success Pictures-img_2000-800x533-640x426-.jpg  

Last edited by LI archer; 11-03-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: insert photo
Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Shot this brute Thursday 11-7. I almost let him walk because of the booner's on camera but he mass was amazing. This thick heavy mature buck is an 8 point with 17 inch inside spread. I think the bases are over 6 inches round. We didn't get a weight but I would say he was close to 200+ easily.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Golfpro!! sweet buck!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Spike

Cool Kansas 8 point

The rut is on in Kansas. Arrowed a Kansas 8 point on the 9th.

Last edited by jtktbarnett; 11-14-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Spike

Default November 3rd 2013 Big Indiana 8

I grunted this buck and a a smaller one in for a 20 yard shot.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-2013 Season Success Pictures-img_0594.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Spike

Nice buck congrats!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Spike

Default I Love Bowhunting

I guess the best way to start would be the 2nd day I got my bow from a buddy for 75 bucks (Vapor 300).

I took it to Cabelas to have the string replaced and being that I knew zilch about bows I said okay to them saying the string was good and they could just "Twist" it. Well at full draw the cable decided to not be good and snapped. I took it back to them pissed off and they took it.
They eventually informed me that I needed a module because I was "overdrawing" I said okay and then they told me that it would take 2 weeks to which I said "HELL NO" I would miss the late season (My first Season). The person there was very receptive and loaned me a PSE 3G RTS. I loved that bow but more importantly I was able to hunt.

Fast forward to the very first morning of late season in Spokane. I was in the blind and the sun was still yet to come up. I heard this bad boy in the corn and then it took off. Worried that I did something wrong I got very discouraged. Well with a crap ton of luck, about 20 mins later I look up and there he is right in front of me about 15 yards out!!!!!!!! Not really knowing what to do at all I drew back ever so slowly while he was eating, masking the bow noise if any with him eating (that might be crap logic but it calmed me down). Well at half draw it looked right at me and I froze. He looked back at the food and took that magical step forward. I got the bow back and all I could think about was the FUNDAMENTALS.

I very much enjoyed the hunt (prep work, dressing, skinning). I know its a relatively small rack but to me its massive.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-2013 Season Success Pictures-unnamed.jpg  
Old 08-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default No Giant..but......

This is no giant by any stretch but a respectable, tasty deer. I was hunting in the evening in Franklin County, Indiana in November, 2012 and was watching a couple of does behind my tree stand to see if they would make their way down a path right under my stand. They wandered off and I turned around and this deer was standing right in front of my tree stand at about 10 yds. I have no idea how he got there as the leaves were very dry and even the squirrels were making a racket moving around. He was staring right at me. A squirrel to his right jumped down from a tree trunk and he turned to look in its direction giving me a chance to draw and shoot. The arrow struck the off shoulder and came out as he began to run. He left a good blood trail and I found him about 150 yds away. He had a couple of broken tines including the left brow tine.
This was also my first attempt at a European mount. I hand carved the base and used camo border trim.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-2013 Season Success Pictures-img_2428.jpg   2012-2013 Season Success Pictures-img_2429.jpg